• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

AI 2010

Started by Spooky, February 24, 2010, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

^--- What he said ---^

:arr:

Eric

I think she's the one(s) on the right:

Spooky

No girls tonight. Crystal is in the hospital?
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

So the guys are on. Hope they're ready!!!!

"Undisclosed medical illness."

In other Idol news, Danny Gokey released his new CD this week, My Best Days ~ a COUNTRY album. The lead song sounds good, but I haven't heard the rest. I didn't see him as country.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Big mike was really good. Nuf said.  :clap:

John "Meh" Park.... Meh... I wouldn't miss him if he gets the boot.

Casey was pretty good. Loved his guitar work.   :headbang:

Alex was much better. Love his voice. If he continues to learn and gain confidence, he could go really far this season.

Todrick should *not* have taken on Tina. I actually don't like his voice at all.  :lala: (I think he's out)

Jermaine Sellers.... Marvin? Really dude? No, no, no, not for you. I like his voice sometimes, but Kara (sweet wonderful Kara) is right, he's doing too much.  :doh:

Andrew Garcia was... almost there, almost. Love that song for his voice (I like his voice), but something didn't fit right... Simon said it, "that's OK but you are better than OK". Step it up dawg! (insert butt kick emoticon here)

Aaron Kelly was, I don't know. I didn't really like it. Not good, not bad. He's got potential for sure. Simon is right. Start figuring out who you are Aaron. It may be tough to do at 16, but you're trying get into big leagues. Pick a position (1st, 2nd, SS, 3rd ?) and own it!

Tim Urban... I have to say it was better than last week, but still not good enough at this point.

Lee Dewyze  :clap: :headbang: I liked it! That's what I'm talking about! Love this guys voice. I'm with Simon, I am waiting for him to connect. When he does... Look out. He's at the top of my list for the guys right now.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on March 02, 2010, 09:59:24 PM
Big mike was really good. Nuf said.  :clap:

John "Meh" Park.... Meh... I wouldn't miss him if he gets the boot.

Casey was pretty good. Loved his guitar work.   :headbang:

Alex was much better. Love his voice. If he continues to learn and gain confidence, he could go really far this season.

Todrick should *not* have taken on Tina. I actually don't like his voice at all.  :lala: (I think he's out)

Jermaine Sellers.... Marvin? Really dude? No, no, no, not for you. I like his voice sometimes, but Kara (sweet wonderful Kara) is right, he's doing too much.  :doh:

Andrew Garcia was... almost there, almost. Love that song for his voice (I like his voice), but something didn't fit right... Simon said it, "that's OK but you are better than OK". Step it up dawg! (insert butt kick emoticon here)

Aaron Kelly was, I don't know. I didn't really like it. Not good, not bad. He's got potential for sure. Simon is right. Start figuring out who you are Aaron. It may be tough to do at 16, but you're trying get into big leagues. Pick a position (1st, 2nd, SS, 3rd ?) and own it!

Tim Urban... I have to say it was better than last week, but still not good enough at this point.

Lee Dewyze  :clap: :headbang: I liked it! That's what I'm talking about! Love this guys voice. I'm with Simon, I am waiting for him to connect. When he does... Look out. He's at the top of my list for the guys right now.

:spitdrink: I have someone to rap with?! Cool.  O0

Mike is da bomb. Liked him from the get-go and I am excited to hear him sing great renditions, but mix it up this season.

John Park was ok. I missed most of his performance, but from the playback, he was better than last week.

Casey's performance didn't impress me. When Ryan was saying that other contestants sang his song pick without mentioning its name, I knew exactly what he was going to sing based on the past contestants. (Yes, I've got way too much retention on this show.) Bo Bice had the best version. Casey really sounded exactly like Gavin DeGraw. And that would be my problem, too, if I was on the show. When I sing along to a song, I sing like the singer and not so much myself. But I know he can sing in a distinctive voice. I'd have to playback some other performances to really tell. I'll give him credit he knows how to play guitar, but like Shania said, that don't impress me much.

I agree Alex could go far ~ he's got a nice tone. Rockin' the mullet.

Poor Todrick. I wonder why he is not kicking it out of the ballpark on Broadway or something. It's ironic he's a singer and dancer/performer, but his performances don't seem to be right for Idol.

My co-worker just commented on Jermaine that God should have told him! Kris Allen did a nice rendition of "What's Going On" last season.

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew! You are so almost there! Ellen and Kara were right to point out he set the bar so high with his version of "Straight Up." But if you have "it," shake off the nerves and get down to business. We all want to see him shine!

I thought Aaron did a decent job with "My Girl."

Tim picked THE perfect song for him, but I don't like that song, I don't even know who SINGS that song, I should know, but I don't. If someone sings that stupid "Fireflies" song, I'll vomit. (I don't care if it has the word fireflies in it, it SUCKS.)

When Lee came out to sing "Lips of an Angel," I immediately said, oh, that's a brilliant choice. It is not my favorite song (I'm not much for the lyrics), but there is something about the way it's sung and its melody that make it appealing.

I must say I think Ellen has brought a lot of humor and constructiveness to Idol this year. I'm liking it.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Ellen is a great addition.

Eric

I see the name of this thread and almost every time briefly think it's a new movie set in the future.
Still hard to believe we're "here".

Spooky

Quote from: Eric on March 03, 2010, 08:58:27 AM
I see the name of this thread and almost every time briefly think it's a new movie set in the future.
Still hard to believe we're "here".

When you've read the title 2250 times, your "mind" will be reprogrammed and you will wake up and realize that it *is* the future. The year 2251 to be precise and everything you remember as your "life" is just echoes of your character in in the ¹ UMVRPG VirtualLife 2250. Hope you had fun playing. Don't forget to check out the Firefly DLC.

1. UMVRPG (Universal Multiplayer Virtual Role-Playing Game)

Spooky

Crystal Bowersox: Very Nice! Loved it! Glad she's feeing better. Really great performance this early in the competition!  :headbang:

Haeley Vaughn: After watching her intro video, I know I am not going to like her performance. This is not the platform for her. Like Ellen said about the dude last night, she would be perfect for Glee. Now she's signing and I am cringing. Eeeeek! Bye, bye Haeley  :doh:

Lacey Brown: Started out all right, but then she fell apart a bit. Aw man, I like her and the tone of her voice, but this wasn't good enough. Better than last week and I guess that's something.

Katie Stevens: I really like her voice and this was almost the right song. I'd really like to hear a song that lets her showcase the tone of her voice and lets her use the power of her voice. It felt restrained at times. She could be really good if she figures it out.

Didi Benami: Lovely, lovely young lady and I love her voice. Not a perfect performance, but not bad. I don't agree with the judges about it being the wrong song choice. Maybe it sounds different live? I wanted to giver her a big  :hug: after the judges had their say. I think Ryan did too... Who am I kidding, probably most of the guys watching did.

Michelle Delamor: Very, very pretty girl! She should not have sung that song. It's a guys song. It just doesn't sound right when a woman signs it. Maybe it's because I really like that song??? I don't know? Like Katie's performance, this one felt a bit restrained. Kara, Simon, I love ya, but you are WRONG! The Dawg is RIGHT.

Lilly Scott:  :clap: I love watching her do her thing. Very unique and very good. (ai ya! Randy just said what I wrote!). *It*, her and Crystal, they gots it. I'd pay to see both of them.... sing... I wasn't thinking anything else. Honest!

Katelyn Epperly: Like the hair short. She's a cutie pie . I liked the performance, let's see what the judges have to say.... OK, yeah, I guess it was a little slow, but she sings so well. She's not as good as Lilly and Crystal at this point, as far as overall performance is concerned, but she could get there if she works at it.

Paige Miles: Very pretty eyes. They remind me of Kandyse McClure. Simon isn't even paying attention (and she's looking for it and signing about it). I don't know. It was OK. Not even close to Kelly Clarkson. She should be safe, but needs to get better.

Siobhan Mangus: Funny little thing... I love that! She is a cute girl and I like the crooked teeth. While I think Michelle, Didi and Katelyn are prettier, I think I'd be asking her out over those two. There's something about her I really like. "It was Dope!" :headbang: Nice! I liked Crystal and Lilly better, but Siobhan was good.  :clap: