• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

House Season 6 Begins 9/21/09

Started by Pearl@32, August 24, 2009, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Very well done episode. Eric thought it could have been a coda.

[spoiler]We also thought that he was hallucinating again and the suicide girl left because he decided not to kill himself. Loved House's cake sendoff. We wondered why Kutner's and Amber's deaths weren't dealt with, but maybe in some strange sense they were. I dunno.[/spoiler]
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

We watched the first half of the show, but Ann had a bad day at work. It was 'bring your insane friend or relative to the hospital day' yesterday and she needed something light and entertaining to end the day, so we switched over to Castle. We'll finish up this evening.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

I was afraid of this!!!! It was the same thing Laura Innes went through playing Dr. Kerry Weaver on ER, and they ended up fixing her.

If House's limp is hurting Hugh Laurie, why not fix it?
Posted Sep 21st 2009 2:06PM by Jason Hughes

Hey, Fox! Would you rather lose Hugh Laurie as the curmudgeon Dr. House, or would you rather risk what could happen to the show if he lost that trademark limp? He's been limping around the set for five years now. He's no spring chicken, and the limp is starting to take such a toll on his body, that Laurie might consider leaving House over it.

"The show might last through to (season) seven, eight or nine, but I don't know if I will because I'm starting to lose my knees," he said. "It's a lot of hip work. There are things going badly wrong." I've been reading for a few years now about how the limp has been affecting Laurie's actual health and physical well-being. I don't see why Fox doesn't just resolve this problem by eliminating the limp.

I know the chronic pain is supposed to be a facet of his character, but it's season six now. The viewers like him and can accept him as he grows and changes. We'd certainly rather deal with a pain-free House than a House-free TV schedule.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/09/21/if-houses-limp-is-hurting-hugh-laurie-why-not-fix-it/

Laurie in pain over House
By WENN.com | Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Brit star plays a grumpy medical genius in the series and the character uses a cane to walk.

But the fake limp has caused Laurie some real problems - and he wouldn't rule out leaving the show in a bid to regain full health.

He says, "The show might last through to series seven, eight or nine but I don't know if I will because I'm starting to lose my knees. It's a lot of hip work. There are things going badly wrong. I need to do yoga."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Laurie_in_pain_over_House/5702919

Laurie has no plans to quit House
By WENN.com | Monday, September 21, 2009

Laurie plays grumpy protagonist Dr. Gregory House on the TV drama and his character uses a cane to walk.

But the fake injury has started to cause Laurie real pain, and he recently sparked rumours he was prepared to sacrifice his job for the sake of his health.

He said, "The show might last through to series seven, eight or nine but I don't know if I will because I'm starting to lose my knees. It's a lot of hip work. There are things going badly wrong."

However, Laurie, 50, insists he's not quite ready to hang up his stethoscope after six seasons as Dr. House.

His representative assures fans reports of his retirement are "not true" and laughs off claims of his hip trouble, branding them "hysterical."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Laurie_has_no_plans_to_quit_House/5703805
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on September 22, 2009, 08:15:24 AM
We watched the first half of the show, but Ann had a bad day at work. It was 'bring your insane friend or relative to the hospital day' yesterday and she needed something light and entertaining to end the day, so we switched over to Castle. We'll finish up this evening.

Oh boy. Then Castle was a perfect choice for comic relief.

Saxon

I totally forgot about Castle!

*ACK*

I hope they will play it on On Demand.

As to the ep:

[spoiler]Maybe they DID deal with the issues House has, The Suicide Girl, was Kutner, showing that House really didn't have anything to do with his, or her attempts, and nothing he could do or not do would make any difference. It was secret/personal to the individual. With The 'superman', he wanted to 'help people', 'fix things', just like Amber. She seemed self serving, but she really just wanted to be as good or better than House. This kid lost his mind when, obviously, his wife died and he felt helpless over it. He even felt guilty over it. Just like House with Amber, but really, even though he played a role in it, it wasn't HIS fault in the end that she died, or that the kid jumped. He was able to say 'I'm sorry' to the guy, and in so doing, allow himself to say 'I'm sorry' to Amber'. The doc and his dad...He came to the docs aid, sat with him till the end...something he didn't do for his own dad. Closure on that. It was all very abstract. The 'love affair'? House CAN love. He can lose, and still get up. Now, will Cutty give him a chance to find real happiness? Will we want a truly HAPPY House? I think, with creative writing, we can have a semi-happy (normal?) House, even without the limp or at least less of it, like it acts up after long days? Anyhoo...great ep. I actually thought he might have a go at the pretty blond doc. heh. I loved how he found pleasure in actually helping people in everyday, simple ways, the 'rap', and how he was able to 'solve' a 'case' and get the satisfaction of helping with both patients. All in all...very good ep. [/spoiler]

Pearl@32

Quote from: Saxon on September 22, 2009, 10:53:30 AM

*ACK*

OMG Saxon!!!  :hug:  Sucks when that happens.

QuoteAs to the ep:

[spoiler]Maybe they DID deal with the issues House has, The Suicide Girl, was Kutner, showing that House really didn't have anything to do with his, or her attempts, and nuthin' he could do or not do would make any difference. It was secret/personal to the individual. With The 'superman', he wanted to 'help people', 'fix things', just like Amber. She seemed self serving, but she really just wanted to be as good or better than House. This kid lost his mind when, obviously, his wife died and he felt helpless over it. He even felt guilty over it. Just like House with Amber, but really, even though he played a role in it, it wasn't HIS fault in the end that she died, or that the kid jumped. He was able to say 'I'm sorry' to the guy, and in so doing, allow himself to say 'I'm sorry' to Amber'. The doc and his dad...He came to the docs aid, sat with him till the end...something he didn't do for his own dad. Closure on that. It was all very abstract. The 'love affair'? House CAN love. He can lose, and still get up. Now, will Cutty give him a chance to find real happiness? Will we want a truly HAPPY House? I think, with creative writing, we can have a semi-happy (normal?) House, even without the limp or at least less of it, like it acts up after long days? Anyhoo...great ep. I actually thought he might have a go at the pretty blond doc. heh. I loved how he found pleasure in actually helping people in everyday, simple ways, the 'rap', and how he was able to 'solve' a 'case' and get the satisfaction of helping with both patients. All in all...very good ep. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]That's what I thought ~ a lot of issues were brought up for him but they didn't focus on them specifically. It's not like a suicidal patient isn't going to not make him think of Kutner. He cared too much to find out why.

Personally, I don't want a Huddy relationship. We already have 4 cast members paired up, and House is not a soap opera. ER was guilty of hooking people up and then switching partners. It's unrealistic. But that's the way some shows go. I miss Sela Ward (Stacy), but she and House weren't meant to be. (I just miss Sela period, and I hate only hearing her voice in commercials. Note to self: get Once & Again.)

It was very abstract!

I think the crotchetiness is part of his demeanor. I think learning to let go is going to be his lesson. If they want to keep it realistic, changes in House won't be overnight. He'll still be the same ol' pain in the ass we love.[/spoiler]

TinkTanker

[spoiler]I noticed that slight smile/smirk as he was leaving. Did House really change, or was he playing them to get out?[/spoiler]
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

[spoiler]It's a bit of a cliffhanger, ain't it?

I think I'll be a bit jipped if there wasn't some sincerity in all that he did. I think on some level he is not going to be the same jackass, just jackassish.

Then again there is that old adage, once a ____, always a ____.[/spoiler]

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on September 23, 2009, 07:40:59 AM
Quote from: Saxon on September 22, 2009, 10:53:30 AM

*ACK*

OMG Saxon!!!  :hug:  Sucks when that happens.

QuoteAs to the ep:

[spoiler]Maybe they DID deal with the issues House has, The Suicide Girl, was Kutner, showing that House really didn't have anything to do with his, or her attempts, and nuthin' he could do or not do would make any difference. It was secret/personal to the individual. With The 'superman', he wanted to 'help people', 'fix things', just like Amber. She seemed self serving, but she really just wanted to be as good or better than House. This kid lost his mind when, obviously, his wife died and he felt helpless over it. He even felt guilty over it. Just like House with Amber, but really, even though he played a role in it, it wasn't HIS fault in the end that she died, or that the kid jumped. He was able to say 'I'm sorry' to the guy, and in so doing, allow himself to say 'I'm sorry' to Amber'. The doc and his dad...He came to the docs aid, sat with him till the end...something he didn't do for his own dad. Closure on that. It was all very abstract. The 'love affair'? House CAN love. He can lose, and still get up. Now, will Cutty give him a chance to find real happiness? Will we want a truly HAPPY House? I think, with creative writing, we can have a semi-happy (normal?) House, even without the limp or at least less of it, like it acts up after long days? Anyhoo...great ep. I actually thought he might have a go at the pretty blond doc. heh. I loved how he found pleasure in actually helping people in everyday, simple ways, the 'rap', and how he was able to 'solve' a 'case' and get the satisfaction of helping with both patients. All in all...very good ep. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]That's what I thought ~ a lot of issues were brought up for him but they didn't focus on them specifically. It's not like a suicidal patient isn't going to not make him think of Kutner. He cared too much to find out why.

Personally, I don't want a Huddy relationship. We already have 4 cast members paired up, and House is not a soap opera. ER was guilty of hooking people up and then switching partners. It's unrealistic. But that's the way some shows go. I miss Sela Ward (Stacy), but she and House weren't meant to be. (I just miss Sela period, and I hate only hearing her voice in commercials. Note to self: get Once & Again.)

It was very abstract!

I think the crotchetiness is part of his demeanor. I think learning to let go is going to be his lesson. If they want to keep it realistic, changes in House won't be overnight. He'll still be the same ol' pain in the ass we love.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]He doesn't have to be IN pain, to BE a pain! heh[/spoiler]

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on September 23, 2009, 08:13:02 AM
[spoiler]I noticed that slight smile/smirk as he was leaving. Did House really change, or was he playing them to get out?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I think he it was legit smile. I think he felt the same way he does when he figures out a hard case. He cracked it. "It" was himself. I think he's okay...still House, just healed. He 'cured' himself, they didn't 'break him' like his wacky little roomie said, he finally realized he was 'sick' and he knows how to fix 'sick'...at least that's what I'm hopin'.[/spoiler]