• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The F Word on USA and Syfy

Started by Eric, February 01, 2018, 01:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

USA and Syfy to allow the "F-word" on their broadcasts.
Actually, it sounds like they already started with The Magicians (article has adult language).  My, how times have changed.

Spooky

QuoteAccording to Gamble, the show is able to give 10 "fucks" per episode

One is the same as 10 or 100 as far as I am concerned. I don't care one way or the other. It's a word that most of us use, so it would make sense that fictional characters use it too.

This scene from The Wire is the best use of the word in it's many variations.

NSFW language and some crime scene photo nakedness.

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

It would be interesting to find out although, I think I already know the answer, as to why this word has become
mainstream. The movies and so called comedians put it out there over and over until every kid in high school
got a big kick out of using it and it spread like wild fire through society. I hate hearing it in the movies and reading
it in books. It's a lazy way of expressing your self but it certainly cut down on trying to write creatively when every
other word was the "F" word. I am not a prude, I cuss with the best of them but not that word. It really has lost all
of it's meaning as being the worst of the worst, I guess that is why it's repeated over and over to try and make it
sound tough again but really it just sounds dumb.

Eric

I tend to keep casual cursing to a minimum, but it gives added impact when I do

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.