• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

American Idle Chat

Started by Pearl@32, April 15, 2008, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

>Brooke White<

She's got an awesome smile!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Oh... and the kid... David Achisomething...? Anyway, when I first heard his voice I was like WOW! Is it me or does it seem boring and always the same now?

TinkTanker

I've seen exactly one episode of AI. Well, I downloaded one and zipped through the boring stuff, which was most of it. I had to watch the Andrew Lloyd Webber song night.

Lots of people that can really butcher show tunes, you betcha.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on May 01, 2008, 09:29:34 AM
>Brooke White<

She's got an awesome smile!

She's like Carly Simon/Cate Blanchett. Very pretty.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on May 01, 2008, 09:32:03 AM
Oh... and the kid... David Achisomething...? Anyway, when I first heard his voice I was like WOW! Is it me or does it seem boring and always the same now?
Archie might still be a bit young. He's got a nice tone to his voice, but yeah, he sounds the same.

His voice reminds me of Elliott Yamin's, but Elliott has a much better stage presence. I'd hire Elliott for the wedding, if I had the money. Him, Joss Stone and Squirrel Nut Zippers. ;)
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 09:58:15 AM
Joss Stone

I get all goosepimply when I hear her voice. ETA... in a good way!  8)

Eric

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 09:56:33 AM
She's like Carly Simon/Cate Blanchett. Very pretty.

She was on Fox-n-Friends this AM and Carly Simon called up to giver Brooke her support.  They gushed upon each other.

Consigliere5

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 01, 2008, 09:36:15 AM
I've seen exactly one episode of AI. Well, I downloaded one and zipped through the boring stuff, which was most of it. I had to watch the Andrew Lloyd Webber song night.

Lots of people that can really butcher show tunes, you betcha.

I think that was the hardest night (although Neil Diamond week was pretty brutal), and Carly shouldn't have been sent home that week. Jason's "Memory" version was not up to par.

David Cook could have stepped up "Music of the Night" just a tad and it would have been as incredible as his "Hello" or "Eleanor Rigby" performance.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 09:58:15 AM
I'd hire Elliott for the wedding, if I had the money. Him, Joss Stone and Squirrel Nut Zippers. ;)

And Bob Seger for Eric.  :D