• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Bunheads from the Creator of Gilmore Girls

Started by Rosie, July 01, 2012, 11:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

Amy Sherman Palladino is like a female Joss.

She is a marvelous storyteller, very character driven, entertaining and fun with a touch of sadness/reality at times.

Watching the pilot felt like coming home. I loved Gilmore Girls and the towns people.

Bunheads was just right. I am enchanted. I've watched 3 eps and still enjoying it.

Rosie

Nobody is watching this show?

It is very much a re-do of Gilmore Girls in just another town using a lot of the same actors. I like it, some others do not.

This last ep: Blank Up, It's Time introduced a new character/actor that just made he think, "This guy is going to go far."

The actor is Casey J. Adler he played Carl in the ep. Carl and Boo are paired up to do a Ginger and Fred dance number.
Carl is short and lanky but with lots of enthusiasm. Boo is tall, not slender and second fiddle most of the time.

I think the fact that Carl is so unassuming that I thougt he was not going to blow me away is what makes him spectacular.
The way he speaks, carries himself and dance. He is incredibly charming and I just want lots of success to come his way. He steals every scene by just shining brightly.

Casey J. Adler - future star

You heard it hear first! Kinda felt like when I first saw Jim Carrey and Nathan Fillion there is a certain incredible it factor that just shines through.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Rosie

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Rosie

Pearl@32

I didn't think anybody was watching Bunheads! (shows what I know!)

I've watched it from the beginning, too ~ but I keep forgetting it's on because I was used to watching Eureka ~ but I really like the balance between the quirky and dramatic. I am actually glad that Fanny is out of town right now ~ even though I did like the "Mother Nature/green" routine she did, her negativity was really getting to be a pain in the ass!  Her absence gives Michelle a chance to shine and lose her mind teaching all those classes!! I keep meaning to watch some Sutton Foster videos to see her sing and dance ~ she's a five-time Tony nominee and two-time Tony winner ~ and I have yet to see her perform something really spectacular on the show (maybe they want the girls to shine more).

Gotta catch the latest and see what you're talking about with the new guy.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

I'm not even sure why I popped off with "Weeds" .

I'm thinking I must have meant Gilmour Girls ...

:-[
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Pearl@32

You're okay, Digby.

Casey definitely has something. So quirky but cute ~ too bad Melanie and Ginger interrupted.

Watching the newest ep now. (for a change!)

ps. I found you on imdb!!!!! You're so cute!  :-*
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.