• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Swan Song/Everybody Dies: Series Finale Tonight

Started by Pearl@32, May 21, 2012, 09:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Great freakin' song choice at the end: "Keep Me In Your Heart" by Warren Zevon. It brought tears to my eyes, probably moreso cuz it was Zevon.

"Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think)" by Louis Prima was also a great reminder on how to live life.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

So did anyone else think House planned to murder junkie patient?

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 22, 2012, 07:45:23 AM

They never went into the reason why they were both in the warehouse or why the junkie died, did they?

Pearl@32

I didn't really put that together. I completely glossed over that part because I was reading stuff on the internet.
[spoiler]I found the patient to be a perfect mirror for House. He was in crippling pain all the time and the only thing that took the edge off was heroin. Who's to say if the guy would have had a less than crippling life if he was supposed to live. The guy did say he would take the fall for him, only after House told him he was going to die. *That* part of manipulation I did not like. A plan was formulating, and in that aspect, the patient became the perfect pawn. I was going to watch it again, but upon understanding it a bit better, it just proves that House will never change. I wanted to believe that they could show some people as rigid as House can change, but it didn't last. Perhaps him walking away from his old life by faking his death was the only way for House to start over. The only person he ended up caring about at the end was Wilson. Plus, faking his death echoed Sherlock Holmes. The Bucket List 2: Non-Electric Motorcyclin' Bugaloo was a decent ending though.[/spoiler]
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

TinkTanker

They are both in an abandoned warehouse. Heroin addict apparently ODs. Mysterious fire in the floor below. Most of all, House escapes the back door and somehow switches the dental records while everyone thinks he is already dead. So does he break in and switch the dental records before or after the fire? If it is after the fire, he risks someone noticing that he was walking around when he is supposed to be dead. If he did it before the fire, that goes towards intent.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Eric on May 22, 2012, 08:14:29 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on May 22, 2012, 07:45:23 AM

They never went into the reason why they were both in the warehouse or why the junkie died, did they?

Not really.

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 22, 2012, 08:22:41 AM
They are both in an abandoned warehouse. Heroin addict apparently ODs. Mysterious fire in the floor below. Most of all, House escapes the back door and somehow switches the dental records while everyone thinks he is already dead. So does he break in and switch the dental records before or after the fire? If it is after the fire, he risks someone noticing that he was walking around when he is supposed to be dead. If he did it before the fire, that goes towards intent.

I vote plan. It was all about a plan, even from the beginning of the episode where Kutner starts babbling about a plan.

[spoiler]I think Kutner, Amber, Stacy and Cameron showing up were like his conscience.

Also, someone posted in an IMDb thread that House mentioned "smack-addled brain" so it's possible they shot up together. Before then House had figured the patient often fell asleep smoking because the guy had burned his hand/collar.

Damn it, I will have to watch the ep again![/spoiler]

TinkTanker

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 22, 2012, 07:43:01 AM
Great freakin' song choice at the end: "Keep Me In Your Heart" by Warren Zevon. It brought tears to my eyes, probably moreso cuz it was Zevon.

"Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think)" by Louis Prima was also a great reminder on how to live life.

Warren Zevon - Keep Me In Your Heart