• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

And the award for the Most Awkwardly Titled Sports Autobiography goes to...

Started by TinkTanker, November 08, 2011, 10:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

The whole thing is so very sad.

I can't help but think that Penn State is not the only place this is happening. Any place with access to children must do better at protecting children and recognizing Pedophile behavior. Apparently pedophiles are people too and not monsters in appearance.   :(

I know nothing but it seems sad that someone who did so much good for Penn State failed and that has lost him EVERYTHING he ever had, reputation, respect, whatever else he would have had as part of his retirement. JoePa dropped the ball and lost the game in life. I am also upset that his is the main name I hear and not Sandusky or all the others who also knew or suspected but didn't say.

If you see something that feels wrong I think you have to speak up and have people think you are a fool; than keeping quiet and letting evil happen and be right. That little feeling is a sixth sense and alarm that we need to trust. :(

AdmiralDigby

JoPa is no different than some Bishop ( or any other high level cleric ) covering for a pedo-priest .

He could have done the right thing 14 years ago but chose not to .

>:(
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Phyll33

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on November 12, 2011, 10:06:39 AM
JoPa is no different than some Bishop ( or any other high level cleric ) covering for a pedo-priest .

He could have done the right thing 14 years ago but chose not to .

>:(

It really is shocking how so many tried to bury this.  The people that witnessed the actions be it Janitors or
an Assistant Coach should have gone straight to the cops. Good lord why wouldn't someone have hauled him
off those kids when they saw him. I just can't fathom that kind of thinking. Why in the world would they think
this would have ever been able to be a secret forever with all of the kids involved. It's mind blowing it stayed
a secret this long. I think the amount of children involved is also going to be a shocker. 8 children right now
is going to be just the tip of the iceberg.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

geogal

There is the rumor that he was 'pimping' them out to donors (Second Mile and Penn State).  Every time I read more I just get sick to my stomach.

And I can almost forgive Paterno for passing it on to his bosses and assuming they would take care of it.  But the fact that Sandusky kept bringing young boys on campus and even to pre-season games, where Paterno would had to have seen him, just blows my mind.  What SHOULD have been going through Paterno's mind is a)hey, why isn't this guy in jail and b) holy crap he's got another young boy with him, I need to STOP THIS!

I went to Texas A&M.  I know all about cult-like love of school.   But if R.C. Slocum or any other beloved Aggie (such as John David Crow) had been accused of allowing this to happen, I would have been in the streets baying for blood.  To see these douchebag students rioting because firing him 'tarnished his legacy' just makes me ill.  What tarnished his legacy is his placing football above the welfare of innocent children.   

Lord, I can feel my blood pressure skyrocketing.

Spooky

The more I read the more I think what we have heard is only the tip of the iceberg. Lots of people knew a lot more than they are letting on and knew it for a long time.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

JoPa sold his home to his wife for a dollar about four months ago. He said it was for tax reasons but lawyers say it was to try to cover his assets.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

I no longer believe that this whole thing blew up the week after JoePa got the record for most wins in college football is a coincidence.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.