• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Fringe

Started by eforhan, September 09, 2008, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

... premieres tonight.

Spooky

Quote from: Eric on September 09, 2008, 10:06:32 AM
... premieres tonight.

I enjoyed the leaked pilot. The pilot being aired is supposed to be much different though.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on September 09, 2008, 10:16:12 AM
Quote from: Eric on September 09, 2008, 10:06:32 AM
... premieres tonight.

I enjoyed the leaked pilot. The pilot being aired is supposed to be much different though.

I'll tune in then.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

SerenityValley

Thanks for the reminder, Flo, uh, I mean Mulder!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Eric

Saxon

geogal

I quite liked it.  Denethor (can't think of the actor's name) was great.  And I liked that they had Agent Dunham (?) do the major rooftop chase scene, instead of one of the guys.

Saxon

Too much of it was predictable for me, I was one step ahead on most the plotlines...there were plenty of fun lines and visuals thrown in, which helped. I did like the intrigue and unanswered questions though, that helps keep me wanting more.[spoiler]When the show first started, as soon as they established the 'I love you', I told Jessi, "oh, he's gotta die now", and then, as soon as he was saved, I told her, "oh, that means he's gonna be a bad guy". I was doing that way too often for my tastes. Everything from her bluffing about having dirt on the son, to other interactions and scenerios. I don't like when you can see the 'foreshadowing' a mile away...I'd rather be confused than know it all.[/spoiler]

SerenityValley

Quote from: Saxon on September 09, 2008, 10:38:12 PM
Too much of it was predictable for me, I was one step ahead on most the plotlines...there were plenty of fun lines and visuals thrown in, which helped. I did like the intrigue and unanswered questions though, that helps keep me wanting more.[spoiler]When the show first started, as soon as they established the 'I love you', I told Jessi, "oh, he's gotta die now", and then, as soon as he was saved, I told her, "oh, that means he's gonna be a bad guy". I was doing that way too often for my tastes. Everything from her bluffing about having dirt on the son, to other interactions and scenerios. I don't like when you can see the 'foreshadowing' a mile away...I'd rather be confused than know it all.[/spoiler]

Yep.  I watch One Tree Hill (yeah, I know!) and it was the same way this week.  (Not gonna bother w/spoiler space since I don't think anyone here watches it!)  Anyhow, one of the recurring characters was killed off and there were way too many hints that it was coming. 
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Saxon

Foreshadowing, when done correctly should make you notice and think 'something's gonna happen'...but not necessarily know WHAT.

I kept knowing WHAT, WHO and HOW. *pout*

But, like I said, there was enough left unknown to keep me tuning in. I absolutely LOVED the matronly character from MD...she was so sweetly sinister.

I was going to try to get into the ARG, but I just lost interest.