• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Oh Snap! Season 5 Begins...

Started by Pearl@32, August 12, 2008, 11:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Season 5. Sept. 16. Boy, is Wilson gonna be mad this season.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

Ann said she's done with House. She didn't particularly like Amber, but she liked Watson, er Wilson.

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

SerenityValley

I believe I mentioned that my sister got me watching House while our power was out.  I've been recording/watching the reruns on USA.  I like the show, but it's not very realistic.  Every episode is basically the same plot.  Patient comes in with one symptom, develops another and {pop vicodan} another and another.  Doctors' argue (I realize it's suppose to be a teaching hospital and they are House's "students") over diagnosis.  Give treatment.  {pop more vicodan}  Give another treatment.  And another treatment.  So either these docs have no clue what they are doing or they are miraculously seeing every strange case in the US.  I still like the show!  Just goes to show you that it does not have to be spot-on realistic to be enjoyable.  (In other words, I don't mind that there are mountains in Florida or potholes the "size of a Cadillac Escalade").

Now, it's season 5, right?  I have a LOT of catching up to do and stupid USA network is skipping eps and showing them out of order!!  Ah, well, I'll catch up eventually.  I didn't start watching SG-1 until the fourth season and I caught up rather quickly.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Spooky

Quote from: SerenityValley on October 02, 2008, 03:35:46 PM
Every episode is basically the same plot.  Patient comes in with one symptom, develops another and {pop vicodan} another and another.  Doctors' argue (I realize it's suppose to be a teaching hospital and they are House's "students") over diagnosis.  Give treatment.  {pop more vicodan}  Give another treatment.  And another treatment. 

I can't watch it for that reason ( I stopped after season 2). If I cared for any of the other characters, besides House, I might watch it for the continuing side stories, but I just don't care.

Now if these were his other Dr.'s then I might change my tune...

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

QuoteSo either these docs have no clue what they are doing or they are miraculously seeing every strange case in the US.

I think it's his specialty, sort of like going to see an expert in neurosurgery, or whatever.

I agree about it being the same plot, basically.  But the dialog isn't (always). ;)

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on October 02, 2008, 03:48:35 PM
Quote from: SerenityValley on October 02, 2008, 03:35:46 PM
Every episode is basically the same plot.  Patient comes in with one symptom, develops another and {pop vicodan} another and another.  Doctors' argue (I realize it's suppose to be a teaching hospital and they are House's "students") over diagnosis.  Give treatment.  {pop more vicodan}  Give another treatment.  And another treatment. 

I can't watch it for that reason ( I stopped after season 2). If I cared for any of the other characters, besides House, I might watch it for the continuing side stories, but I just don't care.

Now if these were his other Dr.'s then I might change my tune...

Great pic!  Judging by how skinny "Dr. Kellar' is, this was not taken during Firefly's filming!  (As we all know, she gained weight for the role, now THAT'S dedication!)
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

SerenityValley

Quote from: Eric on October 02, 2008, 04:53:15 PM
QuoteSo either these docs have no clue what they are doing or they are miraculously seeing every strange case in the US.

I think it's his specialty, sort of like going to see an expert in neurosurgery, or whatever.

I agree about it being the same plot, basically.  But the dialog isn't (always). ;)

I was watching several eps last night (from seasons 3 & 4) and laughing my butt off!  The eps where he's trying to find replacements for his team are just hilarious.