• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Tide Talk

Started by TinkTanker, October 09, 2010, 10:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

That is one ripped dude .....

:o
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on May 19, 2011, 11:52:24 AM

The first shot was from '09 when he was a Freshman, the second from last year when he was a Sophomore. But yeah, dude is ripped. He was hit with the injury bug last year. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 19, 2011, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on May 19, 2011, 11:52:24 AM

The first shot was from '09 when he was a Freshman, the second from last year when he was a Sophomore. But yeah, dude is ripped. He was hit with the injury bug last year. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season.

Injuries .
Too bad so many of these athletes fail to take advantage of their scholarships to develop a realistic second career to offset not making it big .

:(
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Alabama gave up 7 points in the opening drive to Ole Miss, then scored 52 unanswered.

Here's one of Trent Richardson's four TDs. (BTW, the Alabama running back to score four TDs in a single game was Shaun Alexander. Spooky, you may have heard of him.) That poor dumb Ole Miss Db is still smoking from the burn.

Trent Richardson jukes poor Ole Miss DB into smithereens, then scores TD

Spooky

Nice move!

The UW Huskies (5-1) may crack the top 25 this week after thumping Colorado 52-24. They have a tough game next week in Stanford so it may not be a long lived ranking.

The turn around of Washington football has been pretty amazing. 4 seasons ago they were 0-12 and then Steve Sarkisian comes to town and gets them to 5 wins in his first year then 7, including a bowl win over Nebraska, in his second year and now they are 5-1 with one of the best young QB's in the nation (Sophomore, Keith Price).

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Let's look at that again...

Trent Richardson rush for 76 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

Oh, and who is topping the BCS standings?

AdmiralDigby

Say what you like - great effort by the guy who lost his underwear on that last juke .

O0
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

TinkTanker

And three big guys for LSU are out.

Still, enjoying seeing the Aubs get their asses handed to them. Hope LSU doesn't repeat that on the Tide in two weeks.

Spooky

Quoteenjoying seeing the Aubs get their asses handed to them

Me too. :)

I don't know if I am looking forward to the Stanford/Washington game in a couple of hours. Stanford is a very, very good team and Wa. is a very young team, they have some very talented young players who are still learning to play together.  They have made strides every game, but the defense may not be good enough to slow Luck and his receivers. Maybe they can keep is close on offense. Wa. QB Keith Price is on his way to putting up a lot of single season Wa. QB records and he's got a lot of good receivers to throw to. Either Wa. gets a drubbing or wins a close shootout. More likely the former.