• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

NCIS Spinoff Gets Name, LL Cool J Offically Signs On

Started by Spooky, February 25, 2009, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Doc Holliday

Okay...I'm looking forward to this.

But I must go on record and say that they're going to have to do some MAJOR writing to equal or top the original.
Have you ever wondered why you and I have been part of so many unfortunate incidents, but are still here? I have figured it out. It's nothing much, just luck. I wake up every day looking at Death, and you know what? He ain't half bad.

Spooky

Quote from: Doc Holliday on February 26, 2009, 09:25:19 PM

But I must go on record and say that they're going to have to do some MAJOR writing to equal or top the original.

Agreed on the writing.

SerenityValley

Never gonna happen!  There's only ONE Gibbs.  I am excited about it, though.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

Quote from: SerenityValley on February 27, 2009, 08:54:11 AM

Never gonna happen!  There's only ONE Gibbs.  I am excited about it, though.

I'll have to wait and see on this. I think the producers of these shows forget that the reason many of
these shows are popular is not because of the name of the show but the characters and people that play
them. It is going to be hard to top the present cast.

Doc Holliday

Amen -- there is and will always be only ONE Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

But this is a new flavor, so for an old fan like me, I'm looking at it with an open mind.
Have you ever wondered why you and I have been part of so many unfortunate incidents, but are still here? I have figured it out. It's nothing much, just luck. I wake up every day looking at Death, and you know what? He ain't half bad.

Spooky

Quote from: Doc Holliday on February 27, 2009, 09:00:34 AM

But this is a new flavor, so for an old fan like me, I'm looking at it with an open mind.

I like LLCJ. He's a decent actor and can do the funny when needed. I like that he is playing a former SEAL and Gibbs is a former Marine.  It could make for some great exchanges between the two if there are crossover episodes.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on February 27, 2009, 09:25:49 AM
Quote from: Doc Holliday on February 27, 2009, 09:00:34 AM

I like LLCJ. He's a decent actor and can do the funny when needed. I like that he is playing a former SEAL and Gibbs is a former Marine.  It could make for some great exchanges between the two if there are crossover episodes.

Yes and yes!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

SerenityValley