• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Why are they always putting good shows opposite each other?

Started by Saxon, February 23, 2009, 07:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Quote from: SerenityValley on February 25, 2009, 11:45:47 AM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 24, 2009, 08:36:03 AM
These days we really don't have to worry about missing shows. They replay them eventually. Chuck showed up on SciFi, House is on USA, and you can watch them online.

Chuck's on SciFi??  Really?

Only in reruns I thought. I could have sworn they replayed season one episodes at some point after the end of the first season. I could be frakked in the head. It is not listed on scifi.com as an official show of SciFi, and nowhere in the schedule I'm sure.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 26, 2009, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on February 25, 2009, 11:45:47 AM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 24, 2009, 08:36:03 AM
These days we really don't have to worry about missing shows. They replay them eventually. Chuck showed up on SciFi, House is on USA, and you can watch them online.

Chuck's on SciFi??  Really?

Only in reruns I thought. I could have sworn they replayed season one episodes at some point after the end of the first season. I could be frakked in the head. It is not listed on scifi.com as an official show of SciFi, and nowhere in the schedule I'm sure.

It was on in reruns for a little while and then went poof. They didn't even finish the full season and I don't
remember reading anywhere why they took it off.

Saxon

I need to just sit down and get that darn laptop of Gingi's and watch every ep of everything I've missed trying to do this crazy 'juggle of the shows'....tires me out!

I like On Demand, cuz it's free...but half the time the shows are out of order, or they will only put up 3 or 4 at a time. And one of the nets charges a buck an ep!

Online, some of the 'free' videos don't go from the first ep on either...so it's too easy to miss too much info if you didn't catch them right away. That's why I never got into "Big Bang Theory" even though I loved it, it was too uncomfortable to watch from this computer.

Has anyone else noticed that we had YEARS of NOTHING good on tv and all of a sudden we've got a glut of good stuff and not enough viewing hours to catch it all??

I mourned the loss of X-files, I joked that I was a 'one show a decade' viewer...thought that Firefly was going to be my next 'big thing'. Then, NOTHING....seriously, nothing caught my attention till the last couple of years...when they finally realized that if they were going to do reality tv they better make it 'real' and watchable....then, that narrowed the playing field and YAY...now we have (at least for me) just 4 shows that I will bother with (Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol and So you think you can Dance).

Then, out of the blue, there are so many shows that really have fun and exciting and SMART stories and characters....I honestly don't know how many years that it had been that I'd been upset that shows were cancelled...I remember writing my first 'protest' letter to the cancellation of "The Pheonix". heh. Now, I see stuff cancelled that was better than most of the drivel they give YEARS to.

Oh well, I guess now it is better to complain of too much of a good thing, instead of not enough, or none at all.

Oh, anyone know about the BBC shows? "Torchwood", "Robin Hood", "Primevel"? Any of those coming back?

And how cool that USA and TNT are bringing on some fun stuff too. *sigh* I didn't realize how much I missed TV.

*I used to save TV guides with my 'faves' on them...hehe...what a geek!*