• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

"Gibbs" on the West Wing

Started by SerenityValley, January 05, 2009, 06:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

So, Bravo shows West Wing reruns at 8 and 9 am.  I've been watching them (or DVRing them anyway!)  They are up to the season with Mark Harmon as "Special Agent Sunshine".  He plays a secret service agent assigned to Press Secretary CJ Creg.  I remember watching this when they originally aired (Used to LOVE WW until around 03 when Martin Sheen totally pissed me off!)  [spoiler]Anyhow, needless to say she falls for him (who wouldn't!) and of course, he gets killed protecting her.[/spoiler]  Murphy's Law being in full effect, my DVR is on the fritz, so I'll miss these eps!!

Yes, I know it's an old show, but I used the spoiler bar anyway, just in case!!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on January 05, 2009, 09:14:02 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on January 05, 2009, 07:21:34 AM
Mark Harmon was on Craig Ferguson the other night.

Good bit.

I wish they would have talked about the show.

SerenityValley

Pretty cool how he brings some of himself to his character.  Shame on Craig for not following up with a question about the boats Gibbs builds on the show!!  Neat to learn that he was a QB for the Bruins!  And his dad was a fighter pilot!  Kewl!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

Quote from: SerenityValley on January 05, 2009, 10:29:23 AM
Pretty cool how he brings some of himself to his character.  Shame on Craig for not following up with a question about the boats Gibbs builds on the show!!  Neat to learn that he was a QB for the Bruins!  And his dad was a fighter pilot!  Kewl!

I didn't get the impression Craig watched the show since he didn't have a clue what questions to ask. Yep,
the boat was a lead in but he didn't act like he knew about it. I knew about him being the QB. His sister was
also married to Ricky Nelson. I guess I'm really dating myself here. His father was Tom Harmon one of the
greatest football players out of Michigan and he won the Heisman Trophy and is in the football hall of fame. Yes,
he was a fighter pilot too and received a Purple Heart and Silver Star I believe. He become more famous for
his sports career and I believe was a sports broadcaster.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Phyll33 on January 05, 2009, 11:49:06 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on January 05, 2009, 10:29:23 AM

I didn't get the impression Craig watched the show since he didn't have a clue what questions to ask. Yep,
the boat was a lead in but he didn't act like he knew about it. I knew about him being the QB. His sister was
also married to Ricky Nelson. I guess I'm really dating myself here. His father was Tom Harmon one of the
greatest football players out of Michigan and he won the Heisman Trophy and is in the football hall of fame. Yes,
he was a fighter pilot too and received a Purple Heart and Silver Star I believe. He become more famous for
his sports career and I believe was a sports broadcaster.

Too cool!

Spooky

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 05, 2009, 07:21:34 AM
Mark Harmon was on Craig Ferguson the other night.

Graig was on something else the other.... never mind... He got married!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28521674/?GT1=43001

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

tabin

Quote from: SerenityValley on January 05, 2009, 06:58:51 AM
So, Bravo shows West Wing reruns at 8 and 9 am.  I've been watching them (or DVRing them anyway!)  They are up to the season with Mark Harmon as "Special Agent Sunshine".  He plays a secret service agent assigned to Press Secretary CJ Creg.  I remember watching this when they originally aired (Used to LOVE WW until around 03 when Martin Sheen totally pissed me off!)  [spoiler]Anyhow, needless to say she falls for him (who wouldn't!) and of course, he gets killed protecting her.[/spoiler]  Murphy's Law being in full effect, my DVR is on the fritz, so I'll miss these eps!

*le sigh* one of my all-thyme favorite shows.  Just missing season 6 on DVD now.

And to nit-pick... [spoiler]Simon was killed when he tried to arrest a robbery suspect while he was buying a rose for CJ.  Very sad scene and the end song (Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah") was just poignant.[/spoiler]

Pearl@32

I didn't watch WW too often, but I have been watching reruns here and there, and saw that Harmon was on this week. [spoiler]Knowing what happens with his character makes it all portentous and stuff.[/spoiler]

to Tabin:
[spoiler]Anything with Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" is poignant, isn't it? But then, that's Buckley, whom I just read based his version of Leonard Cohen's song on John Cale's version. There's another sad death. "Last Goodbye" is one of my favorite songs ever.[/spoiler]
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.