• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Spooky's UFC/WEC/PRIDE MMA Thread

Started by Spooky, November 05, 2008, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15640

WEC champ Urijah Faber fights tonight (Tenth title defense) on Versus.. Says the lonely MMA fan....

Seriously though. If you've had any inkling of becoming and MMA fan then Faber is the guy to watch (Along with Georges St.-Pierre and Anderson Silva in the UFC) . Skillzzzz I tell ya, he's got 'em!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

WOW! Faber got caught. Mike Brown has some power. Crazy!

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on November 05, 2008, 09:59:08 AM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15640

WEC champ Urijah Faber fights tonight (Tenth title defense) on Versus.. Says the lonely MMA fan....

Seriously though. If you've had any inkling of becoming and MMA fan then Faber is the guy to watch (Along with Georges St.-Pierre and Anderson Silva in the UFC) . Skillzzzz I tell ya, he's got 'em!

That must be what the hubby's watchin'.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Spooky

You have got to watch this. Best. Knockout. Ever! (Well two of them anyway) ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDG_c4YLXqk

SerenityValley

Did you hear about this?

Ultimate Fighter, Wife Shot in Apparent Murder-Suicide
Thursday , December 18, 2008

A mixed martial arts fighter and his wife have been found shot to death in a California home in what authorities say was an apparent murder-suicide.

Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Amormino said the bodies of Justin Levens and his wife Sarah McLean-Levens were found Wednesday afternoon in a Laguna Niguel condominium by McLean-Leven's mother after she hadn't heard from her daughter in five days.

"That was out of the ordinary for them," Amormino told FOXNews.com.

The couple later was found by police officials in their bed, Amormino said, with a handgun near Levens' body. Painkillers and anti-depressants also were found in the home, although authorities weren't immediately sure Levens had prescriptions for the medications, Amormino said.

Autopsies were performed on the bodies late Thursday. Levens, 28, died from a single gunshot wound to the head. McLean-Levens suffered a gunshot wound to the chest that pierced her heart, Amormino said, adding that Levens was believed to be the shooter.

Levens competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and other fighting federations. The couple had been married for roughly a year, Amormino said.

Authorities had been called to couple's home in October for a report of an overdose, but Amormino said it was immediately unclear who was treated at the time.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,469344,00.html
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Spooky

Spooky

Man he destroyed that car!!! I liked Mask's persona. He was a funny dude and a marketing guru, but stupidity kills. I'll miss him. RIP Mask.

Tapout founder Charles 'Mask' Lewis dies in Ferrari crash

Driver Dies When Ferrari Crashes, Splits in Half

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- A man was killed and a woman was injured early Wednesday when a speeding red Ferrari crashed into a light pole in Newport Beach, and the driver of a white Porsche was arrested as police investigate whether a street race led to the wreck.

The deceased was identified as TapouT clothing line owner Charles Lewis Jr., according to TMZ.com.

The crash on southbound Jamboree Road near Camelback Street occurred just before 1 a.m., according to Newport Beach Police Lt. Craig Fox.

An officer in a patrol car was going north on Jamboree when he noticed two vehicles, a 2004 Ferrari Modena and a 1977 white Porsche coupe, swerving out of control, Fox said.

"Apparently they had collided and this was the aftermath of the collision," Fox said.

The Ferrari hit a light pole, knocking it over, while the impact of the crash broke the car in half and left the front portion of the high-performance Italian sports car crushed by the light pole.

Fox said the wreckage was such that "we don't know if he was the driver."

"It was a very violent crash," Fox said.

A woman thrown from the car was taken to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana suffering from broken bones, including a broken arm, Fox said.

"He apparently lost control of the vehicle, hit the curb and a light pole," said Lt. Steve Shulman. "It broke up in several pieces."

The driver of the Porsche did not stop and drove away, but another officer spotted the vehicle on Bison Avenue, west of Jamboree, Fox said. A man and woman who were walking away were arrested, he said.

Jeffrey David Kirby, 51, of Costa Mesa, was booked on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter with DUI. Lynn Marie Nabozny, 32, of Newport Beach, was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication but was later released, Fox said.

Kirby was being held in lieu of $1 million bail, he said.

Skid marks at the scene indicate the cars were traveling at a high rate of speed, the lieutenant said.

The name of the woman in the Ferrari was not immediately available, and the man's name will be released after family members are notified, Fox said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29632851/

SerenityValley

How awful!  I just watched a special on the TapOut guys a week or so ago.

AdmiralDigby

Street Racing is one of the most retarded ways to die .

Too bad they often take out pedestrians/one coming drivers as a matter of routine .

While it's tragic a man died , I'm glad he died alone .

And the other racer ought to be charged with Vehicular Manslaughter or the like .
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 12, 2009, 07:31:18 AM
And the other racer ought to be charged with Vehicular Manslaughter or the like .

He has been arrested and is being held on $100,000 bail.