• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

NCIS Oct 14

Started by SerenityValley, October 14, 2008, 07:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

It must be "Father's night" tonight.  Gibbs is going home to see Dad, while over on FOX, House is going to Dad's funeral.  Thank God for DVRs!!

{What a dumbass!  I had the title as "Oct 15"!  Must be in a rush to get to late October for our 14th anniversary; of course this year maybe we'll both REMEMBER our anniversary on the actual date and not two days later!!}
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Spooky

[spoiler]I hate you... Take lots of pictures![/spoiler]

:haha:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

What have you been looking at?

Spooky

All right, let's do it your way.  :)

Spooky

[spoiler]Oh man! That was quite a smile when Jethro drove that Hemi past DiNozzo. I don't think I've seen Harmon smile like that while on NCIS. I don't think he was acting.[/spoiler]

Spooky

A good episode. Not for the solving of the crime, but for getting to know a little bit more about Gibbs.

tabin

I enjoyed that episode.

[spoiler]
You can see where Gibbs gets some of his qualities - his charisma, most of all.  And I was just waiting for his dad to smack Jethro upside the head ... or at least Tony.

And the last scene where he meets his wife, that was adorable.  Where he gets his "rules".

Though, I am curious as to what the past fight was about.[/spoiler]

Spooky

Seeing the actor playing the young PFC Gibbs brought back memories of when I first became a Mark Harmon fan. It was when I was a USMC PFC in Okinawa (1987-88). On the Fridays we were restricted to base (happened about twice a month - one guy fails field day inspection and everyone suffers), we would watch 'Summer School' and drink fiddy cent beers from the vending machine in the rec room. I don't know what it was about that movie that made us watch (ok maybe it was a young Courtney Thorne-Smith and Fabiana Udenio), but we could recite every line. I don't think I've watched it in 20 years... thyme to add it to my Netflix queue. :)

TinkTanker

I saw Summer School on one of the cable channels a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good goofy flick. Mark Harmon is a great guy, or at least I've never heard anything bad about him.

He's one interesting dude. From his Wiki:

Harmon was born in Burbank, California. His father was University of Michigan football All-American and Heisman Trophy winner Tom Harmon, and his mother is actress Elyse Knox, the daughter of World War II Secretary of the Navy, Frank Knox. Mark has two older sisters: actress and painter Kristin Nelson and actress Kelly Harmon, who was once married to car magnate John DeLorean.

After attending Los Angeles Pierce College as a student and quarterback, Harmon transferred to UCLA and, following in his father's athletic footsteps, was the starting quarterback for the UCLA Bruins in 1972 and 1973, engineering a stunning upset of the two-time defending national champion Nebraska Cornhuskers in 1972. He received the National Football Foundation Award for All-Round Excellence in 1973.

Harmon is married to actress Pam Dawber, with whom he has two sons: Sean Thomas Harmon (born April 25, 1988) and Ty Christian Harmon (born June 25, 1992). He was the brother-in-law of the late Ricky Nelson and is the uncle of singers Matthew and Gunnar Nelson of the pop duo Nelson and of actress Tracy Nelson. Harmon dated singer Karen Carpenter in the seventies.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on October 14, 2008, 09:18:21 PM
Seeing the actor playing the young PFC Gibbs brought back memories of when I first became a Mark Harmon fan. It was when I was a USMC PFC in Okinawa (1987-88). On the Fridays we were restricted to base (happened about twice a month - one guy fails field day inspection and everyone suffers), we would watch 'Summer School' and drink fiddy cent beers from the vending machine in the rec room. I don't know what it was about that movie that made us watch (ok maybe it was a young Courtney Thorne-Smith and Fabiana Udenio), but we could recite every line. I don't think I've watched it in 20 years... thyme to add it to my Netflix queue. :)

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!  Tension Breaker, had to be done!   (My absolute favorite quote from Summer School!!)
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."