• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Rosie TV Rant. Grrrr Arrrrggh!

Started by Rosie, February 09, 2013, 08:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

I love Cougar Town. It makes me happy. It's silly and whimsical and has a lot of heart while still being a light fun friends show.

I DO NOT LIKE Suburgatory. I am glad Alan has work. I ONLY watch to see the Alan Tudyk bits but sometimes the bit is too small and the suffereing too great. Alan is ALWAYS delightful and entertaining and honestly deserves to be the star of his own show. I am thinking a Variety Sketch show ala Carol Burnett! I just had a brilliant idea. Someone make that show! *wavingmyhandintheairasifbymagicthiswillbedone*

Until then I watch whatever Alan does.

I am still disappointed in Last Resort. Up until the end I really was enjoying it.

This week Beauty and the Beast was ridiculous to the extreme. I don't even understand who is in charge and who decides the stoopid things. Not happy. Aside from the Beast and his fantasies and bad judgement, there was a bookshelf where the books were all on backwards. WHO DOES THAT!?!?! That bugged me so much it threw me out of the moment.

I don't like giving up on shows because they suck. I want my shows to be good and tell the story I want. Sometimes that does not happen and very rarely do I drop the show.

Shows I dropped:
Do No Harm ( I only watched 20 minutes on DVR. I didn't care so much I did not finish and I deleted it. NOTHING worth watching.

Deception and Carrie's Diaries I really hate lying. I hate the whole thing about it. Lying is my pet peeve. I would be a deal breaker. Both of these shows involved a lot of lying and nothing redeemable. Deception has a great cast but I don't want anyone to be guilty and someone is. Well maybe the "Mom" could be the guilty one and I would NOT CARE.

Also dropped:
2 Broke Girls (No longer funny or cute.)
Big Bang Theory (also not what it used to be)
New Girl (No time fo it Tuesdays is still packed.)
The Neighbors (Too dumb for me.)
The Good Wife (Didn't like where it was going.)

My shows are dwindling.
Cancelled:
Jane By Design.
Fairly Legal
Leverage
Alphas
Last Resort

Pearl@32

Aren't you glad that there is at least one show that you really like?

TV doesn't seem to be the same anymore, though.

I am watching:
Downton Abbey
Bunheads (I'm liking the new season but they need to kick one out of the park)
Castle
New Girl/Mindy Project (watch off and on; NG has really been "off" this season, but there has been a new development that's pretty interesting...MP has good and bad eps)
TBBT
Suits

Will watch when they're on again: Walking Dead, Futurama, and Psych.

Do No Harm was supposedly canceled.

I will miss Leverage.

What is your take on TBBT? (Didn't watch the last ep because Community was on Thursday (Community is so weird, it will be canceled by NBC unless there's huge ratings against TBBT....)  I'll tell you what I don't like!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

I still like TBBT. The only thing I don't like is the Howard/Bernadette relationship. The longer it goes on, the less believable it becomes. Howard is a royal putz. I like Howard as a royal putz, but I don't like him being a putz to his wife. Doesn't work for me.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Rosie

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 09, 2013, 12:19:19 PM
Aren't you glad that there is at least one show that you really like?

TV doesn't seem to be the same anymore, though.

I am watching:
Downton Abbey
Bunheads (I'm liking the new season but they need to kick one out of the park)
Castle
New Girl/Mindy Project (watch off and on; NG has really been "off" this season, but there has been a new development that's pretty interesting...MP has good and bad eps)
TBBT
Suits

Will watch when they're on again: Walking Dead, Futurama, and Psych.

Do No Harm was supposedly canceled.

I will miss Leverage.

What is your take on TBBT? (Didn't watch the last ep because Community was on Thursday (Community is so weird, it will be canceled by NBC unless there's huge ratings against TBBT....)  I'll tell you what I don't like!

Re: TBBT I really loved the Penny and Sheldon Moments. Those were my favorite.
I watched the first 2 episodes and I just didn't find them really enjoyable. Not worth watching anymore IMO. I guess I just got tired of them and think they should have developed more.

I have 2 Castle eps, 4 Suits Eps and 4 Sons of Anarchy eps sitting on my DVR.

I watch Bunheads right away but I want more Carl. I am not really happy with the currently storylline. I guess I expected much much more. They worked me up to a frenzy last season and this season not so much.

Downton Abbey is Showtime or HBO correct? I don't have that. So I don't watch but would probably really like.

I am very much looking forward to Zero Hour because I have ALWAYS loved Anthony Edwards and I feel like I have been waiting a long time for his return.

I am happy Cougar Town brings me such joy but TV used to bring me a lot of joy and it's just definitely not up to par.

Shows I like right now:
Cougar Town
Once Upon a Time
Hawaii 5-0
Castle
Bunheads
Hart of Dixie
Go On
the New Normal
Parenthood
Vegas
The Middle
Suburgatory (ONLY LIKE THE ALAN BITS)
Guys w/ Kids
Nashville
Chicago Fire
Beauty & The Beast (though I was recently very annoyed)
Last Man Standing ('Cause I love me some Tim Allen)
Haven

Waitng for the return of:
Burn Notice
Royal Pains
The Glades

Still watching but don't like:
Elementary (That is the next one I want to cut. But I like Johnny Lee Miller).
Modern Family (It's ok but only ok. I do love Ty Burrell)

I also miss Made in Jersey and the recently cancelled Emily Owens MD.

Oh and I am watching and enjoying General Hospital it feels like they are bringinh EVERYBODY back. They are pulling out all the stops and it has not been this good in years. unfortunately they are taking back 3 actors that were on loan from One Life To Live. OLTL is finally going to start production on an online Soap Series with Prospect Park. We'l see how that goes.

Saxon

Isn't Downton Abbey on PBS? I started watching on Netflix or Hulu+ and then finished on On Demand. You should be able to find them all online. They are worth searching for!! Just be sure to set yourself some time and start watching early in the day with nothing else planned! You won't be able to quit!

Saxon

BTW, I saw on GetGlue where you posted about the backward books on B & the B. I totally heard your voice with the 'who does that?'. lol! Made me miss you!

I'm gonna be down in SoCal next weekend, just to Burbank tho. I have one night at the Marriott, but I might get another night if they are available. If I stay 3 nights, I'll be at Jessi's new place. Next month we'll be in Anaheim at Peacock for WonderCon.

Rosie

Yay! Happy Joy Joy!

Can you text me the contact info for someone if they want to sign up to do autographs?

I was thinking that Seth Peterson has enough fans that it might be worth looking into.

Did you ever see the show Providence?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=Providence+tv&oq=Providence+tv&gs_l=hp.3..0l4.6529.7092.1.7482.3.3.0.0.0.0.172.422.0j3.3.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.2.hp.rcbe7Ac-FiY&pbx=1&fp=1&biw=1280&bih=852&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&cad=b

Rosie

Quote from: Saxon on February 10, 2013, 11:31:41 AM
Isn't Downton Abbey on PBS? I started watching on Netflix or Hulu+ and then finished on On Demand. You should be able to find them all online. They are worth searching for!! Just be sure to set yourself some time and start watching early in the day with nothing else planned! You won't be able to quit!

PBS? Really?

People are really watching PBS? *big Sigh*

Well then I guess then I am going to have to spend some time on Hulu.

Saxon

Quote from: Rosie on February 10, 2013, 01:00:10 PM

PBS? Really?

The costumes are to die for! Every time the dinner gong sounds, the family goes to 'dress for dinner', with their servants helping get them dressed and ready. The politics within the household servants is fascinating. There is only one episode left!! I don't when it comes back. 

Pearl@32

Quote from: Saxon on February 12, 2013, 12:56:45 AM
Quote from: Rosie on February 10, 2013, 01:00:10 PM

PBS? Really?

The costumes are to die for! Every time the dinner gong sounds, the family goes to 'dress for dinner', with their servants helping get them dressed and ready. The politics within the household servants is fascinating. There is only one episode left!! I don't when it comes back.

Season 3 finished up ~ but seasons 1 & 2 are definitely addictive ~ Saxon is right when she says you won't be able to quit!!!!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.