• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Pro athletes doing good deeds

Started by TinkTanker, December 25, 2012, 09:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

John Moffitt is one of my favorite Seahawks. He's a big goofball.

Spooky

Translated from Portuguese:

FYI - Anderson Silva is the current UFC Middleweight Champion.

QuoteI received a request from a friend and customer, to know that an idol Anderson Silva was my client, to get an autograph for his son Joao Pedro, 12 years of age, as this could give a force in his recovery. I asked what he had and she told me: "dr. Eduardo, Joao Pedro is extremely active and play sports and wrestling since he was 5 years old (he's 12 hj). Turns out he had a disease of the femur (Epiphysiolysis ) and this 9 months in a wheelchair, has undergone two surgeries and doctors can not take a position if he will walk again and again when it could happen, and adding that Anderson Silva is the great idol of him. the video images speak for themselves. a spell that gripped everyone and it chills me every time I watch again. renewal of faith, hope, solidarity, made ​​a change in the destiny and life of small Joao Pedro and his family . this was my Easter present ... the rest is chocolate egg. According to the own words of Anderson, is better to die for something than live for nothing. And think that each of us can do something to help someone . a good Easter everyone!

http://youtu.be/3aIAD6o8Ko4

Spooky

Gracie Bullyproof: Austin's 1-Week Transformation

Austin McDaniel is a 14-year old boy from Indiana who loves video games and electric guitar. He gets good grades, has loving parents, and is kind to others. On one fateful day in September 2012, he had his dignity ripped away by a heartless bully who viscously assaulted him at school in front of his peers. Austin was choked from behind and subsequently knocked unconscious by a barrage of punches to the face...all of which was caught on camera by the school's security surveillance system.

After seeing the footage of the assault, Rener Gracie reached out to the McDaniel family to invite them to come to California so that Austin could rebuild what taken from him during the attack. They accepted the offer, and in this short documentary you will witness the transformation that took place over a single week of intensive training (20+ hours of instruction) at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in June of 2013.

Before the assault, Austin didn't think it was possible for someone to be kind, courteous, and respectful while ALSO being strong, confident, and assertive. Now he knows otherwise. Learning Gracie Jiu-Jitsu has given him the confidence to take a stand against bullies and the technique to defend himself non-violently should he ever need to.

Gracie Bullyproof: Austin's 1-Week Transformation

Spooky

Spooky

Spooky

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky