• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Let My Tebow Go

Started by madcapitola, December 18, 2012, 10:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madcapitola

Thought this was kinda interesting.   :)  Don't worry, there's plenty of sports talk in the article too...  I call those the boring parts...  ;)   8)

Let My Tebow Go
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/magazine/let-my-tebow-go.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

"Christians famously have the problem of pain: how can a benevolent and omnipotent god permit evil to exist? But atheists like myself have our own paradox to contend with: the problem of joy. Why do randomly good things happen? In Graham Greene's "The Power and the Glory," a priest gives the explicit defense of their reality to his Red Shirt captor: "Can't you see the doctors round the dead man? He isn't breathing anymore, his pulse has stopped, his heart's not beating: he's dead. Then somebody gives him back his life, and they all — what's the expression? — reserve their opinion. They won't say it's a miracle, because that's a word they don't like." C. S. Lewis described his conversion to Christianity as a process of being "surprised by joy." "