• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by Spooky, September 12, 2012, 12:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Joss Whedon has a master plan. Despite his full schedule, which includes promoting Much Ado About Nothing and prep for The Avengers 2, he's focused on TV. Whedon is developing a series based on Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. ... with a new cast of characters.
Whedon told MTV that S.H.I.E.L.D. is good to go. He revealed, "We've already pitched it to the network with a full framework [and] a full cast." That's right, he already knows who's going to headline the series. But unfortunately, he didn't drop any names.

"It's new characters. It needs to be its own thing," said Whedon. "It needs to be adjacent [to the Marvel Cinematic Universe] but you don't want to do a show where you're constantly going, 'Iron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.' You want them to do their own thing."

Whedon went on to describe the tone of S.H.I.E.L.D., which will balance the realistic and mythical elements of the Marvel Universe. "Well, what does S.H.I.E.L.D. have that the other superheroes don't? And that, to me, is that they're not superheroes," Whedon explained. "But they live in that universe. Even though they're a big organization, that [lack of powers] makes them underdogs, and that's interesting to me."

It sounds like S.H.I.E.L.D will be the exact opposite of The CW's Arrow. On that show, everything is rooted in reality with no room for superhumans. But in S.H.I.E.L.D, they'll all coexist. It's an interesting contrast.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/834787/joss-whedon-says-shield-tv-show-will-be-about-underdogs.jhtml#id=1693479

http://blastr.com/2012/09/joss-whedon-teases-the-ch.php
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

"We all love Clark Gregg, there's no doubt about that," Whedon said. "From before we made 'The Avengers,' we discussed whether there was a way for him to be a part of the Marvel Universe, perhaps a part of a TV show even after his death. ... The fact of the matter is, as much as we love him, now that I'm really running Marvel, I like to keep a type of artistic integrity, which means we don't stretch the bounds of reality."

"There was never going to be a 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' show without Agent Phil Coulson!" said Feige, who appeared behind Whedon, wearing a COULSON LIVES shirt.

"He's headlining the S.H.I.E.L.D. show and always was." said Whedon.

Loeb confirmed Clark Gregg is the first member cast in Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41604
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life