• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2010, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

George R.R. Martin to Fans: Help Me Find Stolen 'Game of Thrones' Scripts
Published: August 15, 2011 @ 3:36 pm
By John Sellers

George R.R. Martin, the fantasy novelist who commands a massive and massively loyal audience as the author of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series that spawned HBO's "Game of Thrones," has put his minions on a special mission: to help him solve the case of the missing scripts.

Writing on his blog Saturday, Martin announced that two final shooting scripts from season one -- for "Baelor" and "Fire and Blood," the last two episodes -- had been stolen recently en route from Northern Ireland, where the show's second season is currently in production.

Martin had planned to enter the scripts, which are signed by "Game of Thrones" co-creator David Benioff and the episodes' director, Alan Taylor, in a charity auction at WorldCon this week. He said that they would have fetched "significant bucks."

"I am convinced the scripts were stolen," he wrote.

The culprit, he suspects, is a U.S. postal worker, and he is asking for his loyal subjects' help in thwarting the vile cutpurse's plans to profit on the stolen goods.

"The US post office delivered the envelope in a plastic baggie with a pre-printed note apologizing for the 'damage,'" wrote Martin of the theft. "But this was no error in handling. The envelope was torn open at one end, and both scripts were gone, though [co-creator] Dan [Weiss]'s letter remained."

Martin is urging fans to contact him through his blog if the scripts should surface.

"Like Bloodraven, I have a thousand eyes and one," he continued, referencing a character from his "A Song of Ice and Fire" series that HBO viewers haven't met. "So let's keep 'em all peeled, boys and girls.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/george-rr-martin-game-thrones-scripts-stolen

/I hate it when the post office sends you your mail in a baggie with an apology note that it was damaged. Damaged my ass, just say you're sorry someone stole your mail! It's not like they can prove it, but a torn by human hands envelope is a dead giveaway.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on August 16, 2011, 06:48:34 AM
/I hate it when the post office sends you your mail in a baggie with an apology note that it was damaged. Damaged my ass, just say you're sorry someone stole your mail! It's not like they can prove it, but a torn by human hands envelope is a dead giveaway.

That chaps my hide too. I had it happen a few months ago when I ordered a couple of t-shirt online. The package was delivered damaged with the USPS disclaimer, but it was so obvious that a person had opened it and they took one of the T's. The company (film riot) sent me a new one at no charge.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on August 16, 2011, 07:54:13 AM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on August 16, 2011, 06:48:34 AM

That chaps my hide too. I had it happen a few months ago when I ordered a couple of t-shirt online. The package was delivered damaged with the USPS disclaimer, but it was so obvious that a person had opened it and they took one of the T's. The company (film riot) sent me a new one at no charge.

It is a federal offense. A practically impossible offense unless he/she opens it right in front of you... :doh:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

Started Book #4 last night .
( 2nd read - haven't bought ADwD yet , waiting for the paperback )
S2&3 cannot help but be awesome .

O0
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

Seriously, you are waiting for the paperback? Seriously?
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

After I reread A Princess of Mars, I started on Game of Thrones
So far, I like his writing style -- very descriptive without seeming to have the "filler" content so many modern books have.  I've read books where they go for pages saying why so-n-so divorced another so-n-so and has little or nothing to do with moving the story forward.

I'm not very deep into the book, though.  I used to be a very fast reader but not so much any more.

BTW, had no idea how far off on ages a lot of the HBO show are.  Sean Bean really needed to be about 20 years younger. OTOH, I can't imagine anyone but him in that role.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 17, 2011, 08:26:54 AM

I had the hardcover in my rat-like paws yesterday .

All four previous novels are paperback - it would destroy my bookshelf esthetics .

:D
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on August 17, 2011, 10:11:44 AM

All four previous novels are paperback - it would destroy my bookshelf esthetics .

Great reason to get a Kindle (or other eReader), all your books will look the same.  :neener:

ETA: and you'll clear up a lot of shelf space.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on August 17, 2011, 08:27:45 AM
After I reread A Princess of Mars, I started on Game of Thrones
So far, I like his writing style -- very descriptive without seeming to have the "filler" content so many modern books have.  I've read books where they go for pages saying why so-n-so divorced another so-n-so and has little or nuthin' to do with moving the story forward.

I'm not very deep into the book, though.  I used to be a very fast reader but not so much any more.

BTW, had no idea how far off on ages a lot of the HBO show are.  Sean Bean really needed to be about 20 years younger. OTOH, I can't imagine anyone but him in that role.

I like the HBO show ages a lot better .
And yes - when they speak I here the actors' voices .

Especially Sansa , Ser Barriston and Ser Jorah .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Rosie

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on August 17, 2011, 10:11:44 AM

YAY! You are MY KINDA CRAZY. My sister bought me a paper back book but it was a different size /edition I guess of my ender's Game Series. I had to go get the "right" size.