• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Castle Season 2 Premiere

Started by Pearl@32, August 24, 2009, 08:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Saxon

Pearl@32

Heroes has a two-hour premiere that night, too, but I think we're all gonna be watching da House!

Watched last night's rerun of Castle...can't wait for the DVDs. <squee>
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

TinkTanker

Quote from: Pearl@32 on August 25, 2009, 06:53:50 AM
Heroes has a two-hour premiere that night, too, but I think we're all gonna be watching da House!

Watched last night's rerun of Castle...can't wait for the DVDs. <squee>

I gave up on Heroes. I never finished watching last year and not even Claire-Bear's 'Lez be friends' story line will be enough to get me back.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

I know. Thank God for House and all the other good shows we watch.  :headbang:

TinkTanker

We are watching Farscape from the beginning. Ann really likes it, but I just can't get past the point of them being Muppets.

That chick from Stargate is in it, before she learned how to pluck her eyebrows from the looks of it.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

I loved Farscape from the moment I first laid eyes upon the show.  I can see how the Henson thing could get in the way,though.

I think I liked how wildly different it was from everything else at the time.

Spooky

*sigh*

Claudia Black... Eyebrows and all!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

Castle was perfect as usual.

I love Stana Katic. IMDb bio says she speaks Italian, French, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, and Montenegrin.

'Castle' raconteur Nathan Fillion: A man-crush, explained
by Marc Bernardin

Yes, that is my fancy-dancy way of saying that Nathan Fillion did indeed take the Twitter bait and drop by the EW offices late last week. (And explaining to my wife — and recent Firefly devotee — the nature of said man-crush.) He could not have been a more gracious guest: He fielded questions from the staff on everything from his One Life to Live days (in his words, he played "Stinky Joey Buchanan"), his time on Firefly ("the best job I have ever or will ever have"), how best to describe Castle ("sexy, sexy, sexy...and sexy"), and if he'd consider playing a villain again ("Yes. What's next?"). All of this after taking the red-eye to NYC Thursday night and then doing Good Morning America bright and too-damned-early Friday morning. But I'll tell you whut: A sleepy Nathan Fillion will still get the job done. (And will still be nine feet taller than me.)

Mandi Bierly will be attentively watching tonight's Castle premiere — my "relationship" with Nathan has rendered me unfit for that duty — so check back tomorrow for her take. And the first season's on DVD tomorrow...relish in its plumminess.

I can't thank the dude enough for playing along with my inane Twitter shenanigans, as well as those of you who picked up the baton and virtua-pestered him to stop by, too. Together, we can do anything, people! (Provided, of course, that "anything" means getting super-cool actors who are already coming to NYC to visit a mass entertainment publication.)

So, who else should we get to stop by? Who's on your wish list for me to meet and, potentially, be dwarfed/embarrassed by?

click to see video  http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/09/21/castle-rnathan-fillion/

Comment quote: "Yeah, see, the thing with Nathan Fillion is that he is so awesome in every way, I begin to doubt he's real."

Want to reply: He is made with real cheese. No cheese whiz or easy cheese there. 100% real.

SerenityValley

Great ep!  Laugh-out-loud funny.  And how stupid that it took Stana playing the role of a Russian chic before I realized, she's got a Russian name, so it was probably not much of a stretch for her!  So, I got my Cap'n fix, Dollhouse starts tomorrow, and if they'd just get Chuck rollin, I'd be one happy Browncoat!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."