• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

March 30, 2009

Started by geogal, March 30, 2009, 09:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geogal

The chemistry between Castle and Beckett is certainly coming along.  And I just adore his family.  The daughter is too cute ;)

Give in to the power of the espresso machine.  Mmmmm.  Frothy goodness.

Saxon

I am lovin' this show more and more with each ep. You can't take your eyes off the screen cuz some much happens with little looks, body language and just so much physical comedy.

When Nathan smiles at the 'daughter' it is NATHAN smiling! I've seen the 'on stage' smile, the 'on screen' smile...and I've seen a real, honest to goodness Nathan smile...tonight, he flashed it. This show just has such a good feel to it for me. I noticed Rob Bowman directed.

AdmiralDigby

Castle's already on the bubble .

( which is a shame , because Joy and I really like it )

:(
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

SerenityValley

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 31, 2009, 06:56:27 AM

NO!!!  Frakkin tv execs are so frakkin stupid!  I am LOVING Castle.  It's my fave new show on TV!  (Which, of course, means it probably will get the ax).
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

The problem isn't that Castle isn't getting good numbers, it is that numbers aren't outstanding. ABC's shows get good numbers across the board but the dropoff after that crappy dancing show are pretty dramatic. Good ratings, but not good enough.

NBC has the opposite problem. Their shows are in the tank across the board pretty much. Nothing pulls great numbers. Chuck for example has bad ratings but barely okay for NBC, considering.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Saxon

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 31, 2009, 06:56:27 AM

That is what I was 'fangurling' about last night...squeeee-ing about how much I loved it during a commercial, then adding, 'so of course we know it's bound to be cancelled'!

For me, it has the same 'feel' as X-files did chemistry-wise. I miss that. The only other show that gave me that was Firefly. *pout*

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 31, 2009, 07:32:39 AM
The problem isn't that Castle isn't getting good numb3rs, it is that numb3rs aren't outstanding. ABC's shows get good numb3rs across the board but the dropoff after that crappy dancing show are pretty dramatic. Good ratings, but not good enough.

NBC has the opposite problem. Their shows are in the tank across the board pretty much. nuthin' pulls great numb3rs. Chuck for example has bad ratings but barely okay for NBC, considering.

I don't know why they put it on after that stupid dancing show! We have to find something else to do/watch for an hour waiting for it to come on...I'm thinking the folks who want to see 'Waz' oaf around on stage are falling asleep by 10...ACK!!

TinkTanker

Quote from: Saxon on March 31, 2009, 10:44:54 AM

I don't know why they put it on after that stupid dancing show! We have to find something else to do/watch for an hour waiting for it to come on...I'm thinking the folks who want to see 'Waz' oaf around on stage are falling asleep by 10...ACK!!

Because people love that stupid dancing show just like people love that stupid singing show. They were hoping that some would stick around. A good lead-in shows the suits had hopes for it. Besides, there aren't a whole lot of other places to put it.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 31, 2009, 10:54:06 AM
Quote from: Saxon on March 31, 2009, 10:44:54 AM

Because people love that stupid dancing show just like people love that stupid singing show. They were hoping that some would stick around. A good lead-in shows the suits had hopes for it. Besides, there aren't a whole lot of other places to put it.

*pout*

At least the 'singing show' is supposed to be about 'unknowns'...it's epic fail when you watch a show called 'Dancing with the 'STARS', and you have to ask, 'which one is the 'star'? I recognise Demetri and Lacey from doing "So you think you can Dance"...and they are NOT the 'star' in the duos! This is the Kathy Griffin of 'dance shows'.