• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Castle premier March 9, 10pm

Started by SerenityValley, March 02, 2009, 11:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Re: the reviews all over the place

I think a part of my brain blew up like a Wiley Coyote mishap.

We'll see tonight.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Nathan is a stupid, ugly, boring, no talent hack of a wanna be actor. The show is terrible and will get canceled before the first episode even finishes airing. Break a leg!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on March 09, 2009, 08:00:20 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on March 05, 2009, 04:37:17 PM
  Uh Oh, I just watched the first 13 minutes of Castle on You tube and I didn't get a good vibe. The secondary
characters are real duds like the cops and mom and Nathan looks , how do I put this, like he has led a harder
then normal life recently. For someone as young as he is he is aging pretty rapidly. Looks a little puffy and
rough and not in a good way. Still has charm but I'm not sure he will be able to carry the whole show, a little
bit of Nathan seems to go a long way. A shame they didn't pair him up with  a better cast. I hope for the best
but ABC has unloaded a lot better shows than this looks like it will be. If they got rid of "Men in Trees" and
"Women's Murder Club" then this thing doesn't look like it has a chance.

I'll still tune in. It's Cappy. You make him sound like "Fossil-Man"!  :haha:  He looks like he has bags under his eyes, something I don't remember seeing. But upon looking at different photos on IMDb, he had them during Serenity. Life nowadays has got us all stressed-out.

Castle looks like he's supposed to be scruffy-lookin'. I love da scruff. I wailed "oh noooooo" when House shaved on the last House ep!

:laugh:

No, not quite but for 37 he is looking a little tired, more than he should for that age. :)  It looks like I
wasn't wrong on my take of the show and I just saw the first 13 minutes. I just got a vibe that went
Uh OH, this doesn't have a good feel. Looks like a lot of reviewers felt  the same. The other cast members
just had no charm at all which is very disappointing. I was really looking forward to having something fun
to watch.

geogal

Well, I actually liked it.  I think the chemistry between Nathan and PoliceChick has potential.  And I think he is more than capable of carrying the show.

Spooky

I liked it. Quite a bit actually.  :popcorn:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

JRBlackstar

I enjoyed it.  I laughed out loud quite a bit. Then again, I am a bit twisted in the humor department. ;)

TinkTanker

Quote from: JRBlackstar on March 10, 2009, 06:33:01 AM
I enjoyed it.  I laughed out loud quite a bit. Then again, I am a bit twisted in the humor department. ;)

Only a bit?  :P
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

I wasn't paying attention and then kept hearing giggles behind me. 
I did watch the latter half of the show.  But really: Might we be getting a little saturated with the crime TV shows?

Pearl@32

I liked it. It's refreshingly different to see Nathan in the role of "Dad." I love Susan Sullivan ~ now she can still be deadpan AND quirky! I liked the M.E. (Tamala Jones). Feels like The Closer but way quirkier.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

I watched 24 .

Anyone else hum the "Numa Numa" song whenever Gen Juma was on screen ?

:)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life