• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

"Chuck" vs "Heroes"

Started by Saxon, December 31, 2008, 01:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyobar

Quote from: Saxon on January 08, 2009, 09:31:54 PM
I've been busy all day. I cooked a pot of bean and hammocks, and just showed Jessi how to make her favorite meatballs. I made her some cookies and some sugar free ones for Tom.

I'm doing laundry, dishes are still waiting. Jessi is doing all the heavy/hard to do stuff for me and running my errands.

*well, right now we are both taking a break while the meatballs finish cooking.*

I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnite...so I'm gonna try to get to bed early tonight (after I eat as last as I can!).

I don't know if I'll have thyme to log on in the morning...so I'll say good night and talk to you soon.
Thanks for keeping me in prayer.

I will be praying every hour for you tomorrow... just short bits but with all my heart. Take care!

Saxon

Quote from: Wyobar on January 08, 2009, 09:35:48 PM
I've been busy all day. I cooked a pot of bean and hammocks, and just showed Jessi how to make her favorite meatballs. I made her some cookies and some sugar free ones for Tom.

I'm doing laundry, dishes are still waiting. Jessi is doing all the heavy/hard to do stuff for me and running my errands.

*well, right now we are both taking a break while the meatballs finish cooking.*

I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnite...so I'm gonna try to get to bed early tonight (after I eat as last as I can!).

I don't know if I'll have thyme to log on in the morning...so I'll say good night and talk to you soon.

I will be praying every hour for you tomorrow... just short bits but with all my heart. Take care!

Your 'short bits' must be powerful stuff! I'm home, alive, doing well. Pain is fairly bad when the meds wear off...and some of the owies are so different that what I experienced before surgery that it takes me by surprise. But improvement already felt and seen in my hands a bit. Yay.

Off to does myself with the anti-spasm stuff...I keep getting a feeling like a very angry/painful hiccup in my throat/chest area. Not good. Meds help.

ttyl!

*hugs*

And THANK YOU!!

Wyobar

Quote from: Saxon on January 11, 2009, 12:07:01 PM
Quote from: Wyobar on January 08, 2009, 09:35:48 PM

Your 'short bits' must be powerful stuff! I'm home, alive, doing well. Pain is fairly bad when the meds wear off...and some of the owies are so different that what I experienced before surgery that it takes me by surprise. But improvement already felt and seen in my hands a bit. Yay.

Off to does myself with the anti-spasm stuff...I keep getting a feeling like a very angry/painful hiccup in my throat/chest area. Not good. Meds help.

ttyl!

*hugs*

And THANK YOU!!

You will tell the docs about that hiccup, won't you? Now is the time to be extremely aggressive with your docs.

You are welcome... I was worried and the prayers helped me too.

Saxon

The hiccup is the 'spasm' they have given me meds (valium) for. I don't remember it last time, or maybe it was just part of the overall pain and since they didn't give me meds for it, I don't remember it. Everyone is saying I'm doing better this go 'round. I don't recall being on all the post surgery meds, so I guess they've improved their process.

Mostly now I'm doing the odd emotional stuff...crying for no reason and all that. My littlest cat, who has adopted me as her 'momma' snuggled up to my neck, and even though she couldn't get to my hair and skin (cuz of the neck brace) still cuddled there purring to her heart's content. Got me bawlin' like a baby. Tom was confused to say the least. Kept asking 'why?'...'what can I do'...poor guy. Of course it passes as soon as it comes on. I was grinning through tears soon and sent him off to bed assured that I'd be okay.

Wyobar

Quote from: Saxon on January 11, 2009, 10:32:56 PM
The hiccup is the 'spasm' they have given me meds (valium) for. I don't remember it last thyme, or maybe it was just part of the overall pain and since they didn't give me meds for it, I don't remember it. Everyone is saying I'm doing better this go 'round. I don't recall being on all the post surgery meds, so I guess they've improved their process.

Mostly now I'm doing the odd emotional stuff...crying for no reason and all that. My littlest cat, who has adopted me as her 'momma' snuggled up to my neck, and even though she couldn't get to my hair and skin (cuz of the neck brace) still cuddled there purring to her heart's content. Got me bawlin' like a baby. Tom was confused to say the least. Kept asking 'why?'...'what can I do'...poor guy. Of course it passes as soon as it comes on. I was grinning through tears soon and sent him off to bed assured that I'd be okay.

It's the steroid... tell Tom to be glad that you are crying and not yelling : ) Sounds like they are taking good care of you.

Saxon

Yeah, Jess and I did a silly back and forth bit 'bout 'roid rage' and how I'd run him off the road if I was driving...which had us debating on if 'roid rage' while driving was 'road' or 'roid' rage....so, it's not all tears and whimpering.  ::)

Wyobar

Quote from: Saxon on January 13, 2009, 12:33:25 AM
Yeah, Jess and I did a silly back and forth bit 'bout 'roid rage' and how I'd run him off the road if I was driving...which had us debating on if 'roid rage' while driving was 'road' or 'roid' rage....so, it's not all tears and whimpering.  ::)

'roid rage  :haha:

Saxon

Quote from: Wyobar on January 15, 2009, 07:32:00 PM

I'm down to just the one pill this morning and the one tonight, then just one more tomorrow night. Trouble is, I notice a marked difference in the way my throat, and into my chest feels. They said it was to keep the swelling down, so I wouldn't have trouble breathing. I can feel the difference. I get an almost light headed feeling now, so I think there is some swelling there, now that the dosage as dropped back. I'm going to go do my breathing treatment (that little plastic thing they give you to work your lungs), maybe that will help. I'm also up and around more today so that might be it too.

I feel a zillion times better in one way...I got to wash my hair! I'm so glad I cut it shorter, it was fast and over with in a few minutes it but it made a world of difference in how I felt. heh. I still have that horrid adhesive stuck on my throat/chin/chest. Someone needs to invent something to take that off sensitive skin/areas.

Wyobar

Quote from: Saxon on January 15, 2009, 08:30:09 PM
Quote from: Wyobar on January 15, 2009, 07:32:00 PM

I'm down to just the one pill this morning and the one tonight, then just one more tomorrow night. Trouble is, I notice a marked difference in the way my throat, and into my chest feels. They said it was to keep the swelling down, so I wouldn't have trouble breathing. I can feel the difference. I get an almost light headed feeling now, so I think there is some swelling there, now that the dosage as dropped back. I'm going to go do my breathing treatment (that little plastic thing they give you to work your lungs), maybe that will help. I'm also up and around more today so that might be it too.

I feel a zillion times better in one way...I got to wash my hair! I'm so glad I cut it shorter, it was fast and over with in a few minutes it but it made a world of difference in how I felt. heh. I still have that horrid adhesive stuck on my throat/chin/chest. Someone needs to invent something to take that off sensitive skin/areas.

Maybe your lungs froze up a bit & you aren't getting as much oxygen... is the device the one where you have to get the plastic ball to rise?

How short did you cut your hair? Congrats on being able to finally wash your hair... I can only make it 2 days before I go wacko. 

Adhesive... I think there is a spray which dissolves the glue but I can't remember the name. I am getting together with some co-workers tomorrow, so I will quiz them.

Saxon

Today is even worse in the ability to swallow and the feeling of airway constriction. Not scary or dangerous, but last night when I took my pill it just didn't want to go down, and water actually came up out my nose! I didn't choke, but I felt like if I'd inhaled at the wrong moment, I would have. I'm actually feeling what I imagine someone who was choked out would feel like. Sore/bruised feeling all around my throat/neck, like someone grabbed me with both hands and squeezed. I guess the steroid was keeping the swelling down on the inside and out in that area. Now, of course I did venture to town with Jessi yesterday too...and fell asleep sitting up without my head being propped up and did the 'fall asleep and nod awake' so I may have made things worse. But since I woke up with that feeling yesterday, I probably just worsened what was already there.

I don't know if I should call the doc or not (being the weekend), since I'm not sure he'd even want to put me back on the steriods. They were that pack that cuts down on the amount daily till finally it's just the one pill (as of yesterday morning). It is very painful to swallow/drink/eat now...and the fear of choking on food and pills makes things scary. If I had someone to drive me over to my regular doc, I'd just do a walk in and ask her what she thinks. I hate calling the 'exchange' for the surgeon.

I need to wash my hair again, the trouble with it being shorter (just at my shoulders) is that it's still oily as heck (since I'm not using permanent hair dye, it's not all 'dry'), so I'm going to wait to see how the hot water on the back of my neck makes it feel. Unfortunately the front is what is hurting the most, and it's not supposed to get 'soaked' when I shower.

I noticed one positive effect that I really hope lasts (but is probably just due to temporary swelling)...my lose neck skin is fairly tight under my chin/front of throat area! lol. Now if they'd just taken a little nip/tuck at m temples and given me a mini-face lift I'd be all kindsa happy! Also have that 'sunken eye socket' look that is preferable to the lose hanging eyelid thing I was doing. Heck, if I'm gonna look sick/tired/haggard, it may as well be something that looks YOUNGER, right? hehe.

My nasty bruises on my hands/arms are finally fading a bit. Darn IV inept nurses. I look like I got into a major fight...Jessi said it looks like I probably won too...with all the bruises on my hands and not my face! heh.

Okay, off to get into my nest and watch a movie. I found I can not watch tv at night in bed. I fall asleep before it's even begun. That's why I fell asleep sitting up too high and didn't have my mouth guard in, and my head bobbed and hurt my neck. :(

If Jeremy hadn't called me late last night I'd probably be in alot worse pain today.  Okay, swallowing NOTHING feels like I'm trying to gulp a jagged rock...I think a call to the doc is in order. dangit.  :'(