• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Spooky's UFC/WEC/PRIDE MMA Thread

Started by Spooky, November 05, 2008, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Kinda figured that .

It's a problem up here in many Canadian cities .
Especially Vancouver and the drivers are nearly always Asians .
Go figure .
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

I agree that if someone was going to die, that it should be the drivers in cases like this. His family and friends can't blame anyone but him for his death ('cept maybe the other driver). I think he was stupid, but I liked the guy and am very bummed that he's not here anymore. :(

PS. I hope the young lady that was thrown from his car ends up recovering.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on March 12, 2009, 08:50:11 AM
I agree that if someone was going to die, that it should be the drivers in cases like this. His family and friends can't blame anyone but him for his death ('cept maybe the other driver). I think he was stupid, but I liked the guy and am very bummed that he's not here anymore. :(

PS. I hope the young lady that was thrown from his car ends up recovering.

It's kinda like drunk drivers, except they usually kill other people, but they survive.

Called the hubby to tell him about The Mask, he's pretty bummed.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Spooky

Spooky

Got to watch a coworker fight in his first Kick Boxing fight. The fight card had a mix of Kick Boxing and MMA fights. It was a blast!  I got to sit next to the ring girls (until I found out I was in the wrong section), sorry, no photos. :( Also, I was told to leave my "real" camera in the car, so I had to take photos with my camera phone. :(

Anyway, my coworker, Drew Dambreville, won his fight. It was awesome! He almost knocked the guy out with a head kick in the first round, but the dude recovered and Drew ended up winning the 3 round fight with a unanimous decision.

Only MMA fans will care, but I got to meet Rich "Ace" Franklin (former UFC Light-Heavyweight champ) at the fight. He is the chairman of the association that put on the fight and he also has trained with Drew and cornered a few of the fighters.

The following photos were the best I could do with my Blackberry.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellbailey/3375135146/#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellbailey/3374316989/#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellbailey/3375133194/#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellbailey/3374315739/#

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 22, 2009, 08:35:37 PM
OK , those were pretty kewl .

I'm going to figure out a way to bring my "real" camera to the next fight.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on March 22, 2009, 09:02:23 PM

Obtain a press pass ?
I mean there are bloggers that are now credentialed to cover polticians .
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 23, 2009, 05:10:30 AM
Quote from: Spooky on March 22, 2009, 09:02:23 PM

Obtain a press pass ?
I mean there are bloggers that are now credentialed to cover polticians .

That's the direction I am going. :)

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 23, 2009, 05:10:30 AM
Obtain a press pass ?

Seems I won't have to. I will be getting a staff pass for the next fight!!! My fighter friend Drew will be working promotions (not fighting) the next fight and he's going to hook me up with a event staff badge. :)

Also he said they were looking for someone to setup a photo booth at their fights so they can take photos of the fans with the fighters and ring girls, for a fee of course, and asked if I knew anyone with a portable printer.. Just so happens that a friend of the family (Bob) has portable photo printer that has been collecting dust for a few years (he used it a lot when his kids were in HS for dances and such) and has been inquiring if I would like to start up a little side business with him! These two things happening right now is Mr. Opportunity pounding on my door! It's just up to me to get it all in motion. I just fired off a message to my mom to get Bob's number so I can talk to him about it.

Drew said he saw a photo booth setup at another fight show and the guy said they took about 80 photos at $40/per. Half went to the fight organizers and half to the photographers. Thing is, that fight show was much smaller that the one I will be hopefully working. That means potentially MORE money! Crossing my fingers that I can get this off the ground!!!