• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

'Lost' writers never had an ending planned

Started by Eric, January 24, 2015, 05:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

On the OB, I'd mentioned I gave up on Lost when I realized they were just throwing in ideas for shock value without any plan; that they could have the former passengers stumble across an ice cream truck and never give a decent reason why it's in the middle of a desert island.  Well, if Prison Break and Scorpion writer/executive producer Nick Santora can be believed, the truth may not have been so far off:

QuoteWe had an expression in the room, which was 'no polar bears,' which was a reference to Lost. I had friends that were writing on Lost -- I can't say who they were. I was watching football with one of them, [and] I was telling them how much I loved the show. I'm like, 'How are you going to pay all this stuff off?' And he looked at me and goes, 'We're not.' And I go, 'What do you mean you're not?' He said, 'We literally just think of the weirdest, most f**ked up thing and write it, and we're never going to pay it off.' And I look at him and I'm like, 'That's such bulls**t! You are completely f**king with the audience.' I want to bring a class-action lawsuit on behalf of everyone who watched Lost all those years.

I'm finding it easier these days to just turn off the television than come online and raise complaints about the quality of writing. Too much effort with no reward and a lot of risk of inadvertently insulting friends or family.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.