• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Firefly Tabletop RPG

Started by Spooky, February 22, 2013, 09:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

MWP To Develop All-New Series of Pick-Up-And-Play Games set in the 'Verse.

WILLIAMS BAY, WI, February 22, 2013 – Margaret Weis Productions is thrilled to announce a
partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products to publish tabletop role-playing products
based on Joss Whedon's fan-favorite television series, Firefly. Initial releases are expected as early
as spring of 2013 with print and digital releases based on MWP's award-winning Cortex system.

The adventures of Captain Malcolm Reynolds and the crew of Serenity continue to attract new fans a
decade after the television series first aired. Fresh from recent success, MWP's own crew of
seasoned designers and creators of licensed role-playing games, stand ready to develop an all-new
series of pick-up-and-play games and game supplements. Based on much-loved characters, stories,
and locations, every Firefly RPG product will be designed to be accessible, authentic, and as
innovative as fans have come to expect from MWP.

"This project is a dream come true for me. I have been such a long-time fan of Firefly!" says MWP
President Margaret Weis. "I look forward to working with my crew to take us all back out into the
Black!"

"This partnership is another way that we can give back to the Firefly fans," said Jeffrey Godsick,
President of Fox Consumer Products. "Firefly followers have shown continuous loyalty to the
franchise and we want to give them quality products in return."

http://www.margaretweis.com/images/stories/bonus_content/FIREFLY_MWP_PR.pdf
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

madcapitola

OMG. The Margaret Weis/Tracy Hickman books were my FAVORITES of the Dragonlance series.

Even though I was a big time Dragonlance book fan, I've never played a role playing game. Can they be played at a distance? Like, can we all play together without having to be in the same location?

AdmiralDigby

Haven't read any Dragonlance , found most of the D&D related books to be kinda weak .

Even the Drizzt books are not as good the second time through .

:(
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life