• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

DayZ

Started by Eric, July 08, 2012, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Coincidentally, an LA studio is working on a similar game called "War Z"

While they claim to have already been working on the title before Day Z, the developers play the latter and read through the forums for suggestions. 
It does sound like it'll have some welcome additions, like a non-hardcore mode that only makes you not be able to access the character for a day or two (as opposed to permanent game death), safe towns and the ability to form clans. 

AdmiralDigby

Sounds cool

Someday I'm playing a zombie video game

:-[
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Arma II Combined Operations, the program needed to run the DayZ mod, is on sale today-only for $17.99 (40% off).

Eric

No real details, but it's been officialy announced DayZ will become a standalone game.
They're mostly (and rightfully) concerned that while they pioneered the idea, other companies will run it all the way to the bank.

Eric

I haven't checked on the DayZ mod since that last post, but if it still needs Arma II: Combined Operations, that's on sale over at http://store.steampowered.com/ for 50% off -- $14.99.

Eric

Day Z has since been turned into a standalone program and is currently in "beta" testing phase.

This story about how the author came up with the idea I found quite fascinating, and probably even non-video-gamers would too.  It all started when he was given two-day's worth of food for a twenty-day jungle stay as part of his New Zealand army training ...

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/08/ut_DayZ/

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.