• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

new season starts tonight...

Started by Consigliere5, January 13, 2009, 04:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 20, 2009, 11:52:13 AM
Almost seems like having connections or an agent helps one to get on these shows. There are also actors who "try out" for these shows, too. But then, reality has been popular and they need to pay the bills like anybody else. Doesn't help the real actors who want to work on a non-reality show and the average regular people who want a chance, too. I think one of the reasons why I don't play the lottery is if I won I wouldn't want my face plastered everywhere and your compliance in the lottery using your likeness is required should you win.

Isn't that scary? You'd be 'known' by every crazy in town...your kids are now targetted for kidnapping...scammers will try to get into 'fender benders' with you. And I don't think I'm being paranoid. Has anyone else been getting an unsual amount of telemarketers calling using the catch phrases of 'bailout' and other words bandied about on tv? I'm sure they are trying to get personal info on people to get them to 'refinance' or whatever and really they are gonna take 'em for what they can. I called my own mortgage company and asked about a refi, since we just did (to consolidate) and the fact that home values have dropped, it would not be worth it for us to do a refi...ONLY if they interest rate fell down under 3%, AND the home values started rising (which usually don't go together). So, all those calls, to me, are vultures trying to pick the carcasses of those who fell for the lies they heard (and are still hearing) about how dire our condition is.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 20, 2009, 11:52:13 AMI think one of the reasons why I don't play the lottery is if I won I wouldn't want my face plastered everywhere and your compliance in the lottery using your likeness is required should you win.

A lawyer (not 'soup) and blind trust can solve that problem. :)
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on February 20, 2009, 12:19:37 PM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 20, 2009, 11:52:13 AMI think one of the reasons why I don't play the lottery is if I won I wouldn't want my face plastered everywhere and your compliance in the lottery using your likeness is required should you win.

A lawyer (not 'soup) and blind trust can solve that problem. :)

LOL...I love your 'disclaimer' there!

AdmiralDigby

A lawyer (not 'soup) and blind trust can solve that problem

'soup's no lawyer ........

;)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 20, 2009, 01:07:56 PM
A lawyer (not 'soup) and blind trust can solve that problem

'soup's no lawyer ........

;)

Well.... not anymore.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

Reviving the Idle thread   *clear*

Only two more nights till we know the Top 12.

Tuesday 3/3 was a good night, probably the best of the three groups. There were some exceptions... Some of them just frightened me. The quirky young dude who sang "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues."  Unfortunately, only three proceed. I liked the first guy, Ju'Not (and NOT because he's from MD!), and Lil Rounds.

Tonight is results night, tomorrow last chance, I mean, Wild Card.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Saxon

Lil Rounds looked, and acted like a professional. If I'd just 'tuned in' I'd have thought she was an established pop singer.

The gal who got called back when the other 'had contracts, produced and failed' gal was dropped, was better than the one she replaced. Sounds so political...seriously.

Yeah, seeing/hearing some of those kids makes me wonder just how bad some of the others were....or if maybe the judges were just having a bad day. I was like WHY is that kid even there?

I'll be so glad to  see some of them GONE....only, I'm thinkin' some of the stinkers are good for controversy and might get brought back for the 'drama' factor. *ugh*

Pearl@32

I'll be holding a vigil Thursday night. You'll either hear a big "Thank the Lord!" or "My God, the humanity!" from me.  :rofl:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Eric

Quote from: Pearl@32 on March 04, 2009, 01:29:08 PM
I'll be holding a vigil Thursday night. You'll either hear a big "Thank the Lord!" or "My God, the humanity!" from me.  :rofl:

She gets so excited about this show.  It's cute.

Pearl@32

I was SO ecstatic that Anoop got a second chance as a Wild Card!!!  :happy: