• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

TWD: Season 4

Started by Eric, October 13, 2013, 08:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 15, 2013, 09:26:09 AM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 15, 2013, 08:16:22 AM
Would have preferred a deluge of zombies falling through one big hole and then scattered showers .

I kept wondering why all those spots decided to get week all at the same time. the walkers had been walking around up there for who knows how long and some how they avoided the week spots, but just all of a sudden they all started hitting the weeks spots.  ???

I'm fanwanking it to be that the zombies were non-active until the scavenger party disturbed them .
I also imagined that they were on the roof waiting to be rescued before the chopper crashed and then simply succumbed to starvation .

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

They could have done just about anything to make that scene more realistic.  It was the "weak" part of the episode, IMO.  Enjoyed the rest quite a bit.

It's all good until we find out they blew money on building this set that they could have spent better elsewhere.
And yes, this was the scene that was actually created from a joke at the writers' table.

Spooky

That scene reminded me of playing Fallout 3. There is a supermarket that you have to loot for a mission and there are bad guys around every corner.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on October 15, 2013, 10:17:39 AM
It's all good until we find out they blew money on building this set that they could have spent better elsewhere.

That's okay, they can always save money by firing the new showrunner.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 15, 2013, 10:56:53 AM

They disappear faster than people under Rick's protection.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on October 15, 2013, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on October 15, 2013, 10:56:53 AM

They disappear faster than people under Rick's protection.

Or Beth's boyfriends

:P
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 15, 2013, 11:42:03 AM
Or Beth's boyfriends

:P

Carl's odds of getting lucky are looking better each episode.

TinkTanker

Eric

TinkTanker

A long, but worthwhile read on the some of the behind the scenes stuff concerning Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and the future of AMC.

The Walking Dead is free to take wild creative chances, reboot itself every season, or — and this is, sadly, more likely — do nothing much at all. There had been reports that AMC had backed Robert Kirkman, the creator of the original TWD comic series, in his backroom power struggles with more experienced film and TV hands Frank Darabont and Glen Mazzara, leading to Scott Gimple being named the series' third showrunner in four years. This latest change gave me nightmarish visions of fanboy indulgence allowed to run amok, but the first two episodes of the new season are actually the strongest the series has managed in years.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9829683/the-state-amc