• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

TWD: Season 4

Started by Eric, October 13, 2013, 08:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

I missed much of season three, but the previews for four looked interesting so we watched the premiere.

Generally, I found it to be an interesting episode.  There's just one part that really bugs me, and it's the part that literally as a joke around the writers' table.

[spoiler]Zombie rain.[/spoiler]

TinkTanker

Hopefully, this season will be as good as this episode. I really have a love/hate relationship with this show but this worked for me.

BTW, The Talking Dead featured the new showrunner as well and Nathan Fillion. Worth watching, for a change.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Eric

s401 comic-to-tv somparison:  http://screencrush.com/walking-dead-comic-to-tv-comparison-30-days-without-an-accident/

Go to AMC.com or do a search on Youtube for "Talking Dead Fillion" to see some excerpts.  The account that used to post full The Talking Dead eps is no more.

Pearl@32

Premiere gets a vote for grossest but most effective special effect: the zombie whose goopy scalp came off as it was getting up. Hon. mention: Daryl's step-zombie.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Eric

Record Breaker:

'The Walking Dead' Draws Record 16.1 Million Viewers

AMC's "The Walking Dead," basic cable's biggest series of all time, opened its fourth season Sunday with more record numbers.

Despite facing higher-rated sports competition this year from both football and postseason baseball, "Walking Dead" returned Sunday with a monster average audience of 16.1 million viewers — more than 5 million viewers better than last year's 10.87 million and more than double where it kicked off its second season in October 2011 (7.26 million).

It also did a huge 8.2 rating in adults 18-49, making it easily the top-rated entertainment series telecast of the season, ahead of CBS' "The Big Bang Theory" (5.5 for its season premiere and a 6.1 for a special second episode right after it).

In adults 25-54, its 7.3 rating ties with the regular-timeslot episode of "NCIS" as the season's best for an entertainment series.  (The second "Big Bang" did an 8.0).

The previous series high for "Dead" — and the all-time best for a cable series — was its third-season finale last spring, which drew 12.42 million and a 6.4 rating in adults 18-49.

By comparison, AMC's "Breaking Bad" wrapped its run last month with an average audience of 10.28 million and a 5.3 rating in adults 18-49 — easily the best scores for this series.

AMC also scored with post-show "The Talking Dead," which drew a series-record 5.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating in adults 18-49.

Eric

I can't embed it, but AMC has released the full episode online.
(The full the Talking Dead episode is online too, but requires logging into your cable company)

Also, Torrentfreak released some interesting numbers.  500,000 worldwide downloaded the episode when it became available on the torrent site.  The largest number of d/lers were in the USA despite, as posted above, that the episode can be watched for free through AMC.com.

AdmiralDigby

Would have preferred a deluge of zombies falling through one big hole and then scattered showers .
;)

Overall I was cool with this ep .
( was excited to see Kerry Condon , was bummed when she offed herself )
What's the disease that took out Harry Potter ?

'cause that's just gotta suck ...

:o
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 15, 2013, 08:16:22 AM
Would have preferred a deluge of zombies falling through one big hole and then scattered showers .

I kept wondering why all those spots decided to get week all at the same time. the walkers had been walking around up there for who knows how long and some how they avoided the week spots, but just all of a sudden they all started hitting the weeks spots.  ???
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

IIRC, the first spongy weak area was avoided (for whatever reason) until the liquor shelf collapsed on D the alcoholic medic. The walkers headed that way hearing the noise and the first soft area collapsed and it pretty much cascaded at that point.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"