• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Chuck @ Comic Con 2010

Started by Pearl@32, July 26, 2010, 11:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

I think it has got to be a challenge to keep things running even remotely smooth at such a HUGE con like Comic Con. It's GOT to be insane. I think Dragon*Con is insane and it's probably 5 times smaller!

Since comics are part of the name, I would guess that comics and the hot "it" commodities are pimped the most. Hence Avengers and Green Lantern, TRON, and Harry Potter are going to win.

I wouldn't buy too much into it.

*watching part 2: Ryan McPartlin: "Season 4, we're still hearing about Baldwin's old show."  :haha:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

Hmmm, that was a strange panel.  Fedak never says a word, Zack was very mum and not his usual
exuberant self. Never looks happy when Adam speaks. I got an odd vibe that all might not be rosy on
the set. Adam looked good.

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on July 27, 2010, 10:33:26 AM

Hmmm, that was a strange panel.  Fedak never says a word, Zack was very mum and not his usual
exuberant self. Never looks happy when Adam speaks. I got an odd vibe that all might not be rosy on

Did you watch both parts?
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on July 27, 2010, 10:42:41 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on July 27, 2010, 10:33:26 AM

Did you watch both parts?

Yes, which kind of made it more dramatic. Expressions were not happy campers on a few, looked a little
forced except for Morgan and Adam.  The girls seem to be very shy at these panels which has been normal
but they also don't seem to be real close to the rest of the cast. Yvonne especially.

Pearl@32

Maybe things are weird, but they did start late and that can bring bad vibes all on its own.

I am in the middle of watching the psych panel, and James Roday (Shawn, the main character) has hardly said a word.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Saxon

http://www.nbc.com/Comic-Con/video/adam-baldwin:-counting-the-blessings/1240821/

They got started really late, so the panel was cut short.

Everyone was awesome...didn't see/feel anything out of ordinary.

When it was over, I walked up to the stage, but Adam had already gone around behind the table to pose for pix with the cast. Some photogs were still snapping (I didn't have a camera). One stepped away, so I moved up (they had a barricade), Adam was still behind the table, but he was scanning the audience the way he always does. He saw me, smiled, I waved, he waved back & did the 'one minute' motion. He walked over and got his name placard off the table and walked to the podium and started writing. He looked up and did the 'hold on' motion again. People next to me asked, is he writing that to you? I said, 'I hope so'. He grinned, walked over and reached it to me, I said, "Rosie is working the Browncoat booth and Barb and Norm said 'hi'". He shook my hand, and told me when/where he was going to be signing on the floor. People all around me were freaked out. Asked me how I got it, told them I'd been an extra on Serenity and had been a fan since Firefly, mentioned talking to him online for years. It was a major rush and made me feel good that he recognized me even with the gray hair! Plus, he personalized the autograph! He may have spelled my name wrong, but he KNEW it! hehe!

Later when we went to the table he was supposed to be at, he was late (as usual). His daughter was there working with some gals from Caprica (Rosie filled me in on their characters). Mark Shepard came by to say 'hi', 'cutting in line'...it was fun. I was told by Rosie, since I already'd had my time with Adam, that SHE got to say 'hi' first, then Barb, then I could say 'bye'! lol. I leaned in to scold him, 'why did you let your daughter pierce her nose?'...he leaned back, pretended he couldn't hear me...even said, 'I can't hear you'...I leaned in and he did too...grinning from ear to ear. I said, 'You know I can't bring Jessi to see you now, she'll see that & I'll never hear the end of it!". He said, 'they're adults now mom, gotta let 'em do what they want...' we went back and forth and he raised his eyes and hands skyward and said, 'help me'. It was hilarious. When Jessi showed up, the crowd had gotten even bigger and they didn't have any sort of 'line' set up, so we had to wait awhile, since people crowded in front of us. I told Jessi the whole 'nose ring' thing. Then Joss walked up, and greeted, hugged and talked a minute. Adam apologized to the guy who was next, and I said, 'some people are allowed to 'cut', huh?'. He grinned and the guy was cool with it. After that he turned to Jessi and greeted her, "Hey Gorgeous!" He hugged her, then held her back at arm's length and said, 'when are you going to pierce your nose, it would look so pretty on you!'...She busted up!! I slapped at him and he 'fended me off'...it was a hoot. His daughter almost got whiplash looking at him say that. I leaned over and told her what had gone down...she cracked up and said, 'my dad hates mine!', I told her I figured, since he used it to pick on me! lol. We walked off and Joss was still there with a fan, poor girl's camera wasn't working, or she was shaking too much to snap a pic of them herself, so Jessi helped her. I also got a good pic of Rosie with Joss. I told him how great it was to see him, joked with him about his lack of the purple back pack he used to carry, and told him nice it was to see him with the fans. He thanked me, and gave Rosie a nudge and said, 'take care'. It was fangurl squee-licious!

*I've been posting this over and over, sorry if I already did so here, I'm still recouperating from this trip* *yawn*

Phyll33

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had fun. I'm surprised Adam didn't comment on your hair, it
would be just like him to.  Speaking of hair, his looked pretty good on the panel without his usual cap.
Pretty obvious they make him wear something on the show though since the hairstyle is so different.

How old is his daughter? College age? I'm sure he had a hard time with the nose ring, I can just
imagine how he felt since I've been there with the tattoos. :)

Pearl@32

Thank you for illustrating the perks of the O.B.  :happy:  I love the Con stories.

Two people in 2004 changed my life: one is an old friend who lent me Firefly, and the other is Joss. I have no idea what I would do if I met him. Without Firefly, there would be no FF family. His story of the crew, of "home," resonates. We are instrumental in the lives we indirectly touch, and I guess I'd thank him for putting FF out in the world. Hmmm...might be time for that "Rewind."

Eric

More importantly, there'd be no epic Michale Moore thread.

TinkTanker

More importantly, there'd be no epic Michale Moore thread Mr.& Mrs. Forhan.

FTFY.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"