• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

DR. Horrible

Started by AdmiralDigby, July 15, 2008, 07:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

I loved it from start to finish. I enjoy NPH as Dr. Horrible. I loved the fact he started with the laugh and explained he hired a voice coach. He takes this stuff seriously. :)

It definitely reminds me of Once More With Feelings.

I kept watching over and over.

:haha:

Phyll33

I paid Itunes to automatically download the episodes when they came available and they haven't
done that with the second act yet. I wonder why.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Rosie on July 16, 2008, 08:33:52 PM
I loved it from start to finish. I enjoy NPH as Dr. Horrible. I loved the fact he started with the laugh and explained he hired a voice coach. He takes this stuff seriously. :)

Yep!  He's a perfect Dr. Horrible!!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Rosie

Quote from: SerenityValley on July 17, 2008, 08:52:49 AM

Just want to correct myself now. I love NPH. He was always just alright for me but now I feel he has graduated in my eyes to Neil Patrick Harris. He is the perfect Dr. Horrible. :rofl:

SerenityValley

Quote from: Rosie on July 17, 2008, 09:56:27 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on July 17, 2008, 08:52:49 AM

Just want to correct myself now. I love NPH. He was always just alright for me but now I feel he has graduated in my eyes to Neil Patrick Harris. He is the perfect Dr. Horrible. :rofl:

You mean Dougie Howser didn't do it for ya?!   :haha:
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Spooky

I like NPH's ' Old spice commercial.

"I used to be a Dr., for pretend."  :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TusJ8HSLaUs

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Rosie

Quote from: Spooky on July 17, 2008, 10:20:51 AM
I like NPH's ' Old spice commercial.

"I used to be a Dr., for pretend."  :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TusJ8HSLaUs

That is hi-larious.

Spooky

Reactions from Emmy nominees

QuoteNeil Patrick Harris was onstage at 5:40 a.m. to announce the nominees when as a surprise at the end, it was his name called as best supporting actor in a comedy series for CBS' "How I Met Your Mother." Harris called it a "lovely surprise" but downplayed the importance of winning. "We're all trying to do our best at the show, and it's good to put on your bio, but it doesn't hold that much water. The trophy isn't important; it's just nice to give acknowledgment to the show," he said. Harris also talked about his smaller-than-small-screen work on Joss Whedon's just-launched online musical, "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," and whether a series like that could see an Emmy someday in a new category. "It's odd that I'm way more excited right now about 'Dr. Horrible' than the Emmy nomination," he said, laughing. "It wouldn't surprise me (to see an online TV category) in the future. We're in a tricky, uncharted territory on the Internet. If people know that millions of people will watch it, we're going to see more shows like this. I'm not saying 'Dr. Horrible' is the most high-brow of shows, but it's good. We're not reinventing the theatrical wheel, but it's certainly an amazing 22 minutes of show so far, and I can't wait to see what happens next."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i50336777802bc29947209480d32af3f5?pn=2
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Rosie

Quote from: Spooky on July 17, 2008, 03:14:42 PM
Reactions from Emmy nominees

QuoteNeil Patrick Harris was onstage at 5:40 a.m. to announce the nominees when as a surprise at the end, it was his name called as best supporting actor in a comedy series for CBS'...Harris also talked about his smaller-than-small-screen work on Joe Sweden's just-launched online musical, "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," . "It's odd that I'm way more excited right now about 'Dr. Horrible' than the Emmy nomination," he said, laughing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i50336777802bc29947209480d32af3f5?pn=2

I love the fact he's more excited about Dr. Horrible. This is real and now. Its the beginning of something new. The Emmy nomination is an honor but can't compare with what he is accomplishing right now.

AdmiralDigby

I love the fact he's more excited about Dr. Horrible. This is real and now. Its the beginning of something new. The Emmy nomination is an honor but can't compare with what he is accomplishing right now.

NPH pimping Dr Horrible is teh awesome .

As for the Emmys ?

It's a crock .

No BSG makes Baby AD cry .

( and also reveals his fanboy bias )

>:D
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life