• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

AI 2010

Started by Spooky, February 24, 2010, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Quote from: Phyll33 on May 19, 2010, 09:16:49 AM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 19, 2010, 06:21:25 AM
I finally figured out why Casey's voice is so annoying ~ he's got this shrill-like thing when he sings. It's not as annoying as Tiny Tim, but still. You can really hear it when you listen to "Jealous Guy."

He has a vibretto or vibrato to his voice that I have never liked to hear but some people think it's
just great.
I *really* noticed it Song Standards week. Guess I wasn't paying attention before....

Crystal seems to not take things so seriously. Sometimes she looks nonchalant about the whole thing. Poor Lee, while he has been performing for a while (I think; he's got albums out), is going to get inundated by horny little teenagers. It is not going to be pretty. I need to watch the show 4 all the hometown footage.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

They are both so talented but both have that stand offish personality either due to shyness or
upbringing or both that they may have problems with adulation. Crystal will handle it better because
she won't get the teenybopper vote nor the drooling that comes with it. Lee is another story and I
don't get the impression he will particularly like it. Is he possibly gay? Something was said awhile back
that gave me that vibe. If true then he REALLY  will have a problem with females slobbering over him
since he is very uncomfortable when complimented.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 19, 2010, 10:23:41 AMI need to watch the show 4 all the hometown footage.

They didn't show very much at all.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Getting a kick out of the whiners crying about Casey getting the boot.  :neener:

Pearl@32

Spooky, you were talking about the hating on Crystal, how about the hating on Lee? Holy CRAP! Blake Lewis has been doing commentary for USA Today and about the only people he likes are Michael, Crystal and Siobhan ~ but he said the Top 3 performances were the worst in Idol history, and that the producers were pimping Lee, giving him that choir (and the bagpipes weeks ago) ~ kinda similar to the treatment Adam Lambert had last year. As for last year, Adam deserved to be in the final, just as much as Kris (Allen) did. Who sang better that night? I think Kris did, even though Adam had one of the most explosive performances of "A Change is Gonna Come" the show has ever seen. But then again, sometimes the best singer gets booted off the show (Melinda Dolittle) or a sure contender doesn't make the finals (Chris Daughtry).

The sad thing is I don't really remember much of his season (six) ~ I remember the names but performances, not so much. You don't really remember ANY of the seasons that well ~ many songs from seasons 4, 5, and 7 are still in my iTunes so I know those seasons very well. I used to have Season 6 on my iTunes but the songs were gone a long time ago. Yes, Blake's version of "You Give Love a Bad Name" is one of the memorable performances from season 6 ~ plus he was the "beatboxer" ~ but other than that, he hasn't had any mainstream success with his career. Hence, his paying gig at USA Today. I did read his new music is hot on the dance charts, but that's dance, not the main Top 100. He just comes off spiteful.

But the HATE on Lee is in-sane. I just think in general people like to hate. I don't think Lee is so "off-key" as they are saying. Kris had iffy parts in his performances, too, and he ended up winning. Personally, I think Idol has been a lot better over the years with the advent of rockers making it into the competition. You really just had singers. The age limit was raised and now contestants can play instruments. I think it's paid off. Ultimately, I think the key to winning Idol is having an effortless and unique voice.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Phyll33

I thought I liked Crystal the best until Lee found his footing and his songs. That gravelly kind of voice
goes a long way and has always been a winner in the music industry. If his personality doesn't sink him
he should do well although the voice doesn't really go with the personality and most singers that have
his talents also had the gritty persona to go along with it. Now Crystal is the whole package. Her personality
goes along with the voice. She is a tough cookie but seems to be very mature with it. This is one time
that a tie would be in order.

Pearl@32

But, but.....there can be only one!!  :haha:

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 20, 2010, 11:00:57 AM

:)

Since the show is going down the tubes it wouldn't hurt to try something different when you have two
people this talented. 

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 20, 2010, 11:00:57 AM

That line inspired a Bad Photoshop Job...

Pearl@32

Despite the stumping for Lee with the Huge choir and two dozen violinists (obvious much?), Crystal's last song was beautiful. She's got my votes tonight.