• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Chuck, Season 3

Started by TinkTanker, January 11, 2010, 06:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Quote from: Phyll33 on January 12, 2010, 11:20:08 AM
Quote from: Eric on January 12, 2010, 09:11:25 AM
Pearl said it was due to cost cutting.

I was surprised too.

The second show lacked Ellie and Awesome which looks like may be a trend since they
are not living with Chuck anymore they won't be showing up in casual at home scenes.
This is not good if they are going to lose the charm of secondary characters to cost cut.
That is what made this show the quirky gem it is.

Scrubs did this the last year or so. They would sign the regulars but to cut costs two episodes (I'm pretty sure) a year did not feature all the characters. Everyone was cool with this in order to keep their jobs. Now it would be hard not to feature Chuck every episode, so it may just be the supporting cast. NBC said to bring the show back they would need to cut costs. We have a third season so we can't complain too much. Hey, at least Ellie and Awesome have those commercials to help pad out the paycheck.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 12, 2010, 11:42:31 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on January 12, 2010, 11:20:08 AM
Quote from: Eric on January 12, 2010, 09:11:25 AM
Pearl said it was due to cost cutting.

I was surprised too.

The second show lacked Ellie and Awesome which looks like may be a trend since they
are not living with Chuck anymore they won't be showing up in casual at home scenes.
This is not good if they are going to lose the charm of secondary characters to cost cut.
That is what made this show the quirky gem it is.

Scrubs did this the last year or so. They would sign the regulars but to cut costs two episodes (I'm pretty sure) a year did not feature all the characters. Everyone was cool with this in order to keep their jobs. Now it would be hard not to feature Chuck every episode, so it may just be the supporting cast. NBC said to bring the show back they would need to cut costs. We have a third season so we can't complain too much. Hey, at least Ellie and Awesome have those commercials to help pad out the paycheck.

I think the need to cost cut was just a bunch of malarky so NBC could blackmail them into
taking less so they could stay on. Look at their lineups now, down the tubes. They were already
saving money with Jay Leno 5 nights  a week. Destroying  a good show to save a buck when
you don't have very many good shows and your station is going down the tubes seems kind of
counterproductive.  Hopefully the ratings will help but good ratings at a cheaper cost won't
really encourage them to pay more if they are doing just as well for less.

AdmiralDigby

I spy with my little eye something fetching in a mini skirt .

( this is from Space which airs Chuck up here in Canuckistan and is on the main Chuck page )

Might Ms Wu be returning ?
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

Quote from: Phyll33 on January 12, 2010, 11:53:10 AM
  I think the need to cost cut was just a bunch of malarky so NBC could blackmail them into
taking less so they could stay on. Look at their lineups now, down the tubes. They were already
saving money with Jay Leno 5 nights  a week. Destroying  a good show to save a buck when
you don't have very many good shows and your station is going down the tubes seems kind of
counterproductive.  Hopefully the ratings will help but good ratings at a cheaper cost won't
really encourage them to pay more if they are doing just as well for less.

I think all they look at is ratings and the bottom line. Creative shows be damned. If "destroying shows" is a side effect, so be it in their eyes. The days of "Must See TV" are over for NBC ~ I don't think they ever really recovered from losing Friends. The only shows worth a damn on Thursdays are 30 Rock and The Office. I don't watch them. Chuck is the only show on NBC I watch.

We all know they made a BIG mistake moving Leno to 10pm ~ they fucked over Conan and other shows, old and new. Now Leno looks like the bad guy. It's a shame Conan's Tonight Show didn't work. Then again would we be having this controversy if Leno just RETIRED?

Thank God there's more than one network and those lovely little buttons on the remote called "channel" and "OFF."  :haha:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on January 14, 2010, 11:54:07 AM
I spy with my little eye something fetching in a mini skirt .

( this is from Space which airs Chuck up here in Canuckistan and is on the main Chuck page )

Might Ms Wu be returning ?

I doubt it. Spooky keeps tabs on Julia's Twitter account, but I don't know if she's at liberty to say yea or nay to returning. The season could be pretty much fleshed out but for a few eps. Isn't it a 13-ep season? Then again it's a 19-ep season, so knows. We are in the Twilight Zone nowadays.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

TinkTanker

I think they have already written (if not pretty much filmed) the first 13 episode arc. They decided to go ahead and run with the 13 as given, then do a mini-arc of the back six. I think I read her saying she might be in the last six.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 15, 2010, 08:26:03 AM
I think they have already written (if not pretty much filmed) the first 13 episode arc. They decided to go ahead and run with the 13 as given, then do a mini-arc of the back six. I think I read her saying she might be in the last six.

Good to know!!

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 15, 2010, 08:26:03 AM

Really , that's all that needs to be done .
"Guest Star" Wu is better than no Wu .

( heck I can foresee an arc where the CIA took Casey up on his thoughts and made her a spy - which would explain her running out on Morgan )
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

Last night's ep was a lil' nail-biting. Chuck's getting better talking off the cuff. More spy gear: the pen, the CD box-compartment that needed the key.

The "Bored now" reference was the only one I caught. I didn't pick up on the My Bodyguard refs. :( I haven't watched it in a few years.

Eric

By the look of Zach's face last night, the episode almost could have been called "Up-chuck".