• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Bad news :(

Started by Pearl@32, November 11, 2009, 06:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

November 11, 2009
Fox cancels 'Dollhouse'

By Nellie Andreeva

109337-dollhouse_341x182 "Dollhouse" is closing its doors at Fox.

The network has canceled Joss Whedon's cult fave, which in May beat the odds with a second-season pickup despite low ratings.

The sci-fi series, which is filming episode 11, is expected to finish its 13-episode order, and Whedon is expected to give the show a proper ending.

"Yes. Canceled. Sad but true," tweeted Maurissa Tancharoen, a writer on "Dollhouse" who is married to Whedon's brother Jed Whedon, also a writer on the show.

After some dismal performance this fall, despite the ratings bumps "Dollhouse" got from DVR viewing, Fox benched the show for the November sweep after four episodes.

For now, Fox is expected to air the remaining episodes starting Dec. 4 as planned.

"Dollhouse" stars Eliza Dushku as a DNA-altered woman who gets implanted false memories for various missions and tasks.

Fox already has picked up breakout freshman dramedy "Glee" for a full season. Freshman comedy "Brothers" is still awaiting its fate, but its chances don't look good.

Fox already has picked up breakout freshman dramedy "Glee" for a full season. Freshman comedy "Brothers" is still awaiting its fate but its chances don't look good, while sophomore drama "Lie to Me" is waiting for an episodic order after receiving an order for three additional scripts last month.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/11/dollhouse-canceled.html
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

http://whedonesque.com/comments/22328#349440

Hmm. Apparently my news is not news.

I don't have a lot to say. I'm extremely proud of the people I've worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you'll agree in the coming months. I'm grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again.

I'm off to pursue internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I've read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is. But for now there's a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear.

Thank you all for your support, your patience, your excellent adverts. See you again. -j.

joss | November 11, 22:59 CET
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Spooky

Good riddance. Maybe someday the studios will realize this hack has no talent and shouldn't be hired to tell a bed time story.

Think I should post that at Whedonesque and get my account banned? Just kidding.  >:D
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

I haven't watched a single ep this year .

I like the show and will get the dvds .
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life