• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

OMG! Alan!

Started by Tygie, May 01, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 03, 2009, 07:09:52 PM
Yeah, Ann said she didn't realize how bad the rest of the acting was until she saw Alan shine.

Alan always shines.  He is a scene stealer. The ending of 28 Days with Sandra Bullock was re-done because everyone in the test screenings wanted to know what happened to Gerhardt?

I've been reading comments on Whedonesque and I am amazed that fans are so surprised by how awesome Alan is. I've always said that Alan is Oscar caliber, I hope he gets the right part.

Alan is brilliant.

Saxon

You know I agree with you 100%.

When "A Knight's Tale" came out, it was Alan and the Geoffrey Chaucer character that my girls fell for. Pretty boy Heath Ledger was 'meh' for them...they loved 'Watt' and "Geoff". heh.

Still one of my fave movies, but very hard for me to watch now. I always did love Heath too...but I agree with the degree of talent that Alan possesses, that too many people are completely unaware of.

Still...he is 'too good' when it comes to these 'dark' parts....hurts my heart. Did you see how he even seemed to get 'more buff' when the character 'went bad'? Sorry...but that just chills me, that he could 'morph' like that. I still have to rewatch the ep. The pizza man was late, and showed up and the most inopportune time!

Phyll33

I DVR'd a lot of shows while I was gone and finally tonight watched this episode of Dollhouse with Alan.
What a great part and what a good actor! He really outshone every one else on the show. It got me to
thinking about the actors from Firefly and how really good they are. Adam is now making Casey his own
like he did with Jayne and being loved for it, Summer was the best thing about Terminator, Nathan is carrying
a whole show with his personality alone and Alan runs away with every part he plays. I wonder how many
ulcers the PTB have got knowing what they threw away and how many have regrets to this day. All that talent
together in one show which could have lasted for years and they were to indolent to see it. Firefly would have
just got better with age. We really lost something special.

Rosie

Quote from: Phyll33 on May 16, 2009, 06:39:36 PM

I DVR'd a lot of shows while I was gone and finally tonight watched this episode of Dollhouse with Alan.
What a great part and what a good actor! He really outshone every one else on the show. It got me to
thinking about the actors from Firefly and how really good they are. Adam is now making Casey his own
like he did with Jayne and being loved for it, Summer was the best thing about Terminator, Nathan is carrying
a whole show with his personality alone and Alan runs away with every part he plays. I wonder how many
ulcers the PTB have got knowing what they threw away and how many have regrets to this day. All that talent
together in one show which could have lasted for years and they were to indolent to see it. Firefly would have

Well when you put it like that you make me cry. *wipes tears and sniffles*

I'm happy for our cast but still mourn the loss.

Fireflyfans.net has a great thread in General discussion titled " You know your a browncoat if..." Its a beautiful thread.

Phyll33

Quote from: Rosie on May 16, 2009, 11:36:49 PM
Quote from: Phyll33 on May 16, 2009, 06:39:36 PM

Well when you put it like that you make me cry. *wipes tears and sniffles*

I'm happy for our cast but still mourn the loss.

Fireflyfans.net has a great thread in General discussion titled " You know your a browncoat if..." Its a beautiful thread.

:)

I'm sorry I made you cry. The actors from Firefly just seem to prove themselves more each day as to what
a great cast Joss put together. It still astounds me to this day that the execs could not see that.

Rosie

Quote from: Phyll33 on May 17, 2009, 07:20:52 AM

I'm sorry I made you cry. The actors from Firefly just seem to prove themselves more each day as to what
a great cast Joss put together. It still astounds me to this day that the execs could not see that.

We always knew they were idiots.

Saxon

Quote from: Rosie on May 17, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

I have always felt, and have been led to believe that it was actually very much a "personal' problem....noth the show, or the actors...'they' or 'somebody' or 'whomever' had a problem with Joss. Period. True or not, it sure felt that way, and obviously they (whomever carries the blame
the most) HAS to realize they made the biggest mistake of their life.

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on May 19, 2009, 11:38:04 PM
Quote from: Rosie on May 17, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

I have always felt, and have been led to believe that it was actually very much a "personal' problem....noth the show, or the actors...'they' or 'somebody' or 'whomever' had a problem with Joss. Period. True or not, it sure felt that way, and obviously they (whomever carries the blame
the most) HAS to realize they made the biggest mistake of their life.

That is always the way it felt to me too. That is the reason I always said on the OB that we never got the
whole story. It sure would be nice to know what it was but it seems like it got buried.

On another note I just watched the last episode of "Dollhouse" last night and that is it for me. I haven't really
liked it that much from the beginning and it hasn't improved with age so another one down. My shows next fall
unless something really good pops up is diminishing rapidly.