• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

March 30, 2009

Started by geogal, March 30, 2009, 09:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Pearl@32 on March 31, 2009, 10:33:26 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/24/cracks-appearing-in-castle-ted-not-better-off/15123

UGLY BETTY ABC          3,011  3,580 0.84  coming back

CASTLE ABC                 3,941  3,580 1.10  unknown

Riddle me this .

Castle's #s are better than UB , why is one renewed while the other twists ?

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

It might depend on the developmental deal between ABC and the production company. I was reading on there: 'Til Death (Brad Garrett's show) has done terribly, and has been off Fox's schedule since October, Sony Pictures has reportedly made Fox such a sweet deal for future episodes that Fox has bought another entire season, proving that at a low enough price that even a ratings black hole is worth suffering through.

They're predicting cancellation for Kings and Life.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

I'm having a hard time understanding why 9 million views is considered a bad thing. Every show that
airs is not going to get 13 million viewers. Every station is not going to be able to have a hit show at
every hour. They need to be happy with good numbers relative to each other and accept that that is
alright. We are losing too many good shows because everyone is trying to be number one in that time
frame. Someone has to be number 2 and 3 and 4 and that is not necessarily a bad thing. Our quality of
shows are disintegrating rapidly because we are catering to the tastes of the lowest common denominator.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on March 31, 2009, 11:28:50 AM

Kings should have been a miniseries.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Rosie

Quote from: Saxon on March 30, 2009, 11:50:26 PM
I am lovin' this show more and more with each ep. You can't take your eyes off the screen cuz some much happens with little looks, body language and just so much physical comedy.

When Nathan smiles at the 'daughter' it is NATHAN smiling! I've seen the 'on stage' smile, the 'on screen' smile...and I've seen a real, honest to goodness Nathan smile...tonight, he flashed it. This show just has such a good feel to it for me. I noticed Rob Bowman directed.

You know what has stood out for me? Castle 's walk, the way he carries himself with Becket is not Nathan. It's like he's a bouncing ball of energy. Castle at home with his daughter is more like the real moments.

I just love Nathan more each week. :)

Pearl@32

I loved the goggles. Good idea.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on March 31, 2009, 12:26:02 PM
I loved the goggles. Good idea.

When I saw that I was thinking Riddick from Pitch Black for some reason.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on March 31, 2009, 11:28:50 AM
It might depend on the developmental deal between ABC and the production company. I was reading on there: 'Til Death (Brad Garrett's show) has done terribly, and has been off Fox's schedule since October, Sony Pictures has reportedly made Fox such a sweet deal for future episodes that Fox has bought another entire season, proving that at a low enough price that even a ratings black hole is worth suffering through.

I love "Life"...finally a quirky cop show I can enjoy...figures.

Saxon

Quote from: Rosie on March 31, 2009, 12:07:50 PM
Quote from: Saxon on March 30, 2009, 11:50:26 PM
I am lovin' this show more and more with each ep. You can't take your eyes off the screen cuz some much happens with little looks, body language and just so much physical comedy.

When Nathan smiles at the 'daughter' it is NATHAN smiling! I've seen the 'on stage' smile, the 'on screen' smile...and I've seen a real, honest to goodness Nathan smile...tonight, he flashed it. This show just has such a good feel to it for me. I noticed Rob Bowman directed.

You know what has stood out for me? Castle 's walk, the way he carries himself with Becket is not Nathan. It's like he's a bouncing ball of energy. Castle at home with his daughter is more like the real moments.

I just love Nathan more each week. :)

Did you see the 'real' Nathan smile when he was sitting in the chair looking up at the daughter? That was the most sincere smile I've ever seen outside of watching him in person in semi-casual settings.