• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Has Lorne gone on to hosts the Big Karaoke Bar in the sky? It's confirmed. :(

Started by Spooky, March 30, 2009, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

There were two brief Whdeonesque articles (since removed) that said Andy Hallet had died. I hope not.  :-\

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Consigliere5

Spooky

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b106789_angel_star_andy_hallett_dies_of_heart.html

Angel Star Andy Hallett Dies of Heart Failure

Today 3:00 PM PDT by Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna
Andy Hallett The WB/Nigel Parry; Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images

Andy Hallett, 33, who starred as Lorne ("the Host") on the TV series Angel, died of heart failure last night at age 33, according to his agent. The actor passed away at Cedars-Sinai Hospital after a five-year battle with heart disease.

Hallett, from the Cape Cod village of Osterville, Mass., appeared on more than 70 episodes of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spinoff, Angel, between 2000 and 2004. The accomplished actor was also a musician and sang two songs ("Lady Marmalade" and "It's Not Easy Being Green") on the Angel: Live Fast, Die Never soundtrack, released in 2005.

More details to come shortly...

Pay your final respects to the actor in the comments below.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Oh my...Tim had just posted, the other day the unforgettable scene where Joss plays Lorne's brother 'dancing the dance of joy'...he needs to now do the 'dance of sorrow'.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

:'(

Angel's currently making the rounds in Pylea right now on TNT. They just aired the ep where they find out Cordy's the queen. I don't know if I missed Andy's singing that prompts a townie to yell "it burns, it burns!" That and his head talking on the silver platter.

Andy always seemed like such a lovely soul.

RIP, Andy.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on March 31, 2009, 07:33:53 AM
:'(

Angel's currently making the rounds in Pylea right now on TNT. They just aired the ep where they find out Cordy's the queen. I don't know if I missed Andy's singing that prompts a townie to yell "it burns, it burns!" That and his head talking on the silver platter.

Andy always seemed like such a lovely soul.

RIP, Andy.

We 'just' got into Angel in it's last season, so we knew him best from those eps. *snuffle*

I remember when there was a push by fans to not cancel Angel, and Andy was supposed to be at an event, and had to cancel for health reasons. We knew he was sick....he must have been on Tim's mind, cuz Tim had just posted the little snippet of the 'Dance of Joy' the day before on his facebook. Now he's got a memorial vid up. 33 is just too darn young.