• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Casting on Stargate Universe

Started by TinkTanker, February 25, 2009, 07:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i03e9df1ef7d2112b7755168dec9c026e

Lou Diamond Phillips in 'Stargate Universe'
Ming-Na also among Sci Fi series' new cast members

By Nellie Andreeva

Feb 24, 2009, 08:12 PM ET
Lou Diamond Phillips, Ming-Na, Elyse Levesque and Alaina Huffman round out the cast of Sci Fi Channel's new original series "SGU: Stargate Universe."

The four join previously cast Robert Carlyle, Justin Louis, David Blue, Jamil Walker Smith and Brian J. Smith on the MGM TV-produced series, which began production last week in Vancouver.

Edgier than its franchise predecessors, "SGU" follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians who must fend for themselves after they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base is attacked. The survivors, led by Dr. Nicholas Rush (Carlyle), emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth.

Phillips, repped by Global Artists and manager JB Roberts, will play Col. Telford, a lifelong military man and the chosen leader of the ill-fated expedition.

ICM-repped Ming-Na will play Camile Wray, a human resources executive with the international oversight committee that governs the Stargate program.

Levesque ("Smallville") will play Chloe Armstrong, the daughter and aide of a U.S. senator. She is repped by Kirk Talent Agencies. Huffman ("Smallville") will play MSgt. Tamara Johansen, a field medic assigned to treat the seriously wounded. She is repped by the Paul Kohner Agency and New Wave.

"SGU" is slated to launch in October with a two-part opening episode directed by Andy Mikita.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

SerenityValley

QuoteThe survivors, led by Dr. Nicholas Rush (Carlyle), emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth.

Phillips, repped by Global Artists and manager JB Roberts, will play Col. Telford, a lifelong military man and the chosen leader of the ill-fated expedition.

Okay, so is Dr. Rush or Col Telford the leader??  I loved Stargate (the movie), SG-1 and Atlantis, but I'm just not feeling very excited about SGU.  It ticks me off that they cancelled Atlantis but are doing a new series, why not just continue w/Atlantis??
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

Quote from: SerenityValley on February 25, 2009, 08:39:15 AM

It ticks me off that they cancelled Atlantis but are doing a new series, why not just continue w/Atlantis??

Because they reached the magic 100 episode number, vital for syndication. If this Stargate makes it 100 episodes, look for it to be canceled at that point for the same reason. It is show business.

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 25, 2009, 08:43:56 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on February 25, 2009, 08:39:15 AM

It ticks me off that they cancelled Atlantis but are doing a new series, why not just continue w/Atlantis??

Because they reached the magic 100 episode number, vital for syndication. If this Stargate makes it 100 episodes, look for it to be canceled at that point for the same reason. It is show business.

Still sux!  Kinda like BSG only I was still LOVING Atlantis thru the final season.  BSG is just making me crazy.  Remember that conversation we had when they first announced BSG's final season and you said something like "Better to end it now then to continue and have sucky shows"?  Well, you were right!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

Look at Smallville. They are coming back for another season. It isn't a terrible show, but it hasn't been great for years and years.

BSG had a story to tell, they told it, then they called it quits.

I'll miss SGA, it was a good show. But killing it was purely a business decision and IMHO, a bad one. I'd hate to see it go on for ten years and run out of stories, but they still had good stories to tell. IMHO.

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 25, 2009, 08:50:30 AM
Look at Smallville. They are coming back for another season. It isn't a terrible show, but it hasn't been great for years and years.

BSG had a story to tell, they told it, then they called it quits.

I'll miss SGA, it was a good show. But killing it was purely a business decision and IMHO, a bad one. I'd hate to see it go on for ten years and run out of stories, but they still had good stories to tell. IMHO.

Yep!