• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

T:SCC moved to Friday?!

Started by SerenityValley, February 11, 2009, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

I just read on tv.com that T:SCC is coming on right before Dollhouse.  How did I not know this??  Don't get me wrong, I love that we'll be watching Summer and Eliza B2B, but why Friday?  As we know well, putting a show on Friday night (especially on FOX) is a death knell.  Grrrrrr....arrgghhh!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

http://io9.com/5150801/how-many-people-need-to-watch-sarah-connor-to-save-the-future

Ratings tracking site TV By The Numbers sat down to look at whether Sarah Connor's new timeslot is as much of a graveyard as fans suspect, and the answer isn't exactly what you'd expect:

[The show's ratings] on Mondays last Fall were the 3rd worst for any Fox scripted show. With those results on a Monday it would certainly have been cancelled at the end of the season... On Friday, expectations by the network may be different, owing to the perceptions of the difficulty in maintaining successful scripted shows that night. While the number of people watching television is only about 15% lower than it is on Thursday night, the broadcast networks have put themselves in somewhat of a chicken and egg situation. Except for CBS, which has seen some success, the other broadcast networks have either programmed cheap unscripted shows on the night, or made Friday the dumping ground for their scripted shows that were either failures elsewhere (Lipstick Jungle), cost subsidized (Friday Night Lights), or strategic leftovers (The Game, Everybody Hates Chris).

And so, the magic number that the site predicts will keep it alive, based on previous network decisions?

If Terminator can sustain more than a 2.0 demo rating, it has a reasonable chance of being renewed. Below that, and Terminator is going to be cancelled.

In plain English, that's 2.61 million viewers. Unfortunately, the site isn't optimistic about its chances:

Sadly, and I'm a fan of the show, I don't think that's going to happen. I will predict a sustained 1.7 rating for the show on Friday.

Perhaps we should start planning the letter-writing campaign now.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Quote from: SerenityValley on February 11, 2009, 09:14:42 AM
I just read on tv.com that T:SCC is coming on right before Dollhouse.  How did I not know this??  Don't get me wrong, I love that we'll be watching Summer and Eliza B2B, but why Friday?  As we know well, putting a show on Friday night (especially on FOX) is a death knell.  Grrrrrr....arrgghhh!

I think it could be good for both shows. T:SCC has an OK following and I am sure the die hards will follow it to Friday and will probably watch Dollhouse too. That being said, Friday is still not ideal, but I think the pairing is a good thing.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

What have they done to this show? Sarah has no facial expression except one. I've never seen someone
so emotionless in what is supposed to be a passionate role. She is as robotic as the robots and why have
they downplayed Summer's part? She was the best thing on there. Do you suppose Lena got jealous? The
stories this year aren't as exciting as last years and it looks like they cheapened it down. What is it with
putting British actresses in these parts, they seem to lose all their ability to act when they try and speak
with an American accent. Yvonne seems to have the same problem on Chuck although she has improved.
They always look too serious and seem to be concentrating so hard on speaking right they can't put any
other emotion in there.

It Terminator goes down then they can blame their star who has treated and played this role like a Zombie.

TinkTanker

Lena has two facial expressions, scowling and frowning.

Saxon

Works for me...nothing on on Fridays.

AdmiralDigby

Lena has two facial expressions, scowling and frowning.

She does manage "hawt" through them all .

I'm liking Sarah Conner more and more each week .

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

She was hawter in 300.

/she could put someone's eye out with those things...

SerenityValley

Totally OT, but Tink:  I'm lovin' your Johnny Cash pic!  Tori and I watched Walk the Line this weekend (unfortunately, it was on FX where they cut it down pretty hard to show all the extras crap, so we're thinking of renting the DVD so we can watch the whole thing!!).  Girl loved the movie and now says that song Johnny and June!

Johnny and June - Heidi Newfield

Oh there's something 'bout a man in black,
Makes me want to buy a cadillac,
Throw the top back,
And roll down to Jackson town,
I wanna be there on the stage with you,
You and I could be the next rage to,
Hear the crowd roar,
Make 'em one more,
I'll kick the footlights out,

I wanna love like Johnny and June,
Rings of fire burnin' with you,
I wanna walk the line,
Walk the line,
'Till the end of time,
I wanna love,
Love ya that much,
Cash it all in,
Give it all up,
When you're gone,
I wanna go too,
Like Johnny and June,

I wanna hold you baby right or wrong,
Build a world around a country song,
Pray a sweet prayer,
Follow you there,
Down in history,

I wanna walk the line,
Walk the line,
'Till the end of time,
I wanna love,
Love ya that much,
Cash it all in,
Give it all up,
When you're gone,
I wanna go too,
Like Johnny and June,

Like Johnny and June,
More than life itself,
No-one else,
This here is promise,
They don't make love like that anymore,
Is that too much to be askin' for,

I wanna walk the line,
Walk the line,
'Till the end of time,
I wanna love,
Love ya that much,
Cash it all in,
Give it all up,
When you're gone,
I wanna go too,
Like Johnny and June,

Like Johnny and June,
And when we're gone,
There'll be no tears to cry,
Only memories of our lives,
They'll remember, remember,
A love like that.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.......

Can't wait til the FBI dude figures out he's workin for the enemy!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

Yeah, I think that was the one that Sheppard used on Atlantis.

Walk the Line was a great flick. I never was a Cash fan until the movie, but his American Recordings discs are some of the best music you'll ever hear. Ring of Fire was just a song until I knew the story behind it and really listened to the lyrics. His cover of I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry is another great song, it really brings the passion and sorrow to the song.

I loved the exchange where he is pitching the Folsom Prison concert to the studio execs.

Record Company Executive
: Your fans are church folk, Johnny. Christians. They don't wanna hear you singing to a bunch of murderers and rapists, tryin' to cheer 'em up.
Johnny Cash: [pause] Well, they're not Christians, then.