• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 8

Started by Eric, January 04, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Tyrion: I was born here, you know.

Jaime: You're gonna die here, you know.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Now that they've made Dany go full Mad Queen (which I hate but understand), there is no other outcome but death by Jon Snow.

Is there really a twist coming>

Jaime, you bleeding heart dumbass!  :wall:
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Spooky

I don't know what to think about that episode. So much happened. I love that they had Arya suffer with all the innocents of Kings Landing. If she'd had more people left on her list they would be forgotten and one, and only one, would be added.

Why, Dany? Why? I guess you are just a crazy Targ after all.

The Cleganebowl was epic and sad.

Will Jon be King? Who will kill Dany? With the capital of the 7 kingdoms in ruin, where will the new seat of power be?

My new end game theory is that Dany and Jon die and Arya goes to Storms End to be King Gendry Baratheon's Queen. King Genrdy doesn't want to rule 7 kingdoms and lets the 7 kingdoms be independent of each other.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on May 12, 2019, 07:41:29 PM
I don't know what to think about that episode. So much happened. I love that they had Arya suffer with all the innocents of Kings Landing. If she'd had more people left on her list they would be forgotten and one, and only one, would be added.

Why, Dany? Why? I guess you are just a crazy Targ after all.

The Cleganebowl was epic and sad.

Will Jon be King? Who will kill Dany? With the capital of the 7 kingdoms in ruin, where will the new seat of power be?

My new end game theory is that Dany and Jon die and Arya goes to Storms End to be King Gendry Baratheon's Queen. King Genrdy doesn't want to rule 7 kingdoms and lets the 7 kingdoms be independent of each other.

Cleganebowl was beyond epic. I mean, look at this shot:

It's like a Renaissance painting or something!

Well, didn't see that ending completely coming, but I think it makes some kind of sense. I've been rewatching Season 1, Season 2 - it feels surreal because you know the truth. Jon, the bastard — "A bastard boy with nothing to inherit" — Dany, a pawn of her power-hungry brother, finds out he is no dragon and knows deep down she IS and starts to follow his dream of the Iron Throne. She has been trying to furiously build an army and attack injustice (of slavery mostly) after losing Khal Drogo and her son. At the end, she's lost everything that meant anything — Jon will not be her lover after finding out they're related, so the only thing left was to get the Throne, the one true evil in this whole saga. I think more emotion from Jon when he spurned her and she decided to rule with fear was warranted. There could have been more pain in his voice and on his face, if he said, "I can't!"

There were issues....but not enough to sign a petition.  :doh: Do I want to know where Bran was warging during the Battle of Winterfell? Do I wish Jaime had not slept with Brienne? (I hated that we had this 180° turn for him and it was glorious! But, ugh.) Do I wish Arya killed Cersei? I was all ready for my victory dance of "Revenge is mine!" and then the only things that mattered were Cersei and Jaime, standing in the basement, k-i-s-s-... Too many conveniences....Tyrion finding their bodies. I also felt betrayed over Jon's conclusion because then, what was the point of his lineage? Then I thought about how it was a huge mystery in the books and how it ultimately revealed that everything Robert believed and did was based on jealousy, which we knew, but more importantly lies, which were debunked by the history books. What a damn shame. And if the truth of Rheagal and Lyanna was mentioned in the books in the Citadel, Maester Aemon HAD to know. He just sits there in front of Jon, never mentioning anything, only berating the destruction of Aerys's wrath killing children. Varys has NOTHING on Aemon, and Eddard, too...keeping secrets. What *was* the point of Varys removing his rings before he was burned to death? (I felt bad for Conleth Hill, the way he tossed his script at the last table read after his last words - this was in "The Last Watch" documentary, a little boring.)

So much of Season 1 truly is a bookend to Season 8. The shots of the Night's Watch members leaving the Wall mirrors Jon and the Wildings leaving the Wall... You see Gendry's kindness to Arya; not an unlikely possibility that they would get together, even if it was for one night. "You'll be a lady to a lord..." her father told her and she immediately said, "No. That's not me. The pirate life's for me!" (Hey, Gendry could have joined her!) The "sedition" of Winterfell from the Seven Kingdoms was even happening in Season 2. Tyrion always had a soft spot for cripples, bastards, and broken things (title of Episode 4, Season 1) and invokes the new king, Bran the Broken. Hands of the King usually die, but he's done rather well in the position, hasn't he?!

Pearl@32

buttons for GoT finale viewing
by sara.demart, on Flickr

The only ones I can take credit for are "Up Yours" (which is a special toast with our monthly dinner friends), You Win or You Die, Lady Forhan, and Not Today. The rest are from t-shirts and merch on Cafe Press, Etsy, and Amazon. Of course, Hold the Door is from the internet. I would have done more character buttons but most characters are chatty Cathy's.

Spooky

Cool buttons!

I hope George doesn't die before finishing the books. I wonder how different his story will be, compared to the show?

Eric

Now fortified with more lightsabers.

https://youtu.be/odEK_aLglUU

Spooky

Spooky

Spooky