• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

NYCC 2015 'Firefly' panel

Started by Eric, October 12, 2015, 02:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Pretty wild that Nathan is on a hit show and still makes time for Firefly fans.  He recently joined Gina and Jewel for a panel at the convention.  Alan was a surprise guest and stayed for about twenty minutes, in part to promote his web series Con Man.  He mentioned all three of the others appear in the October 14th series.

Also talked about is the possibility of them doing a comic-book reading.  Nathan was on board (and wanted to dress-up), but Jewel said it would be sad because it's "like reading a script you don't get to perform".

No video (yet?) but a longer synopsis and some pictures can be found here:  http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2015/10/10/nycc-2015-firefly-reunion-panel

Spooky

Of all the cast, I think Nathan has the most passion for Firefly.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on October 12, 2015, 08:48:22 AM
Of all the cast, I think Nathan has the most passion for Firefly.

He was the perfect actor for the part and I think he thinks there is a possibility for a resurrection. He is more well known now in a good way and Castle is winding down.
He has one more season signed on to after this year and I have a feeling he is getting tired of the role. He does not get along with his present co star and might want this
to be over and move on. A Firefly remake waiting in the wings while he is still young enough to do it might be just the ticket. Alan always struck me as a take it or leave it
type hence the reason he was killed off. He only cared when he lost it. Adam was really devastated at the loss of Jayne, he thought it would be his signature role , one he
would be remembered for and it would have been since he got a lot of status with what little he did. He may feel now that he doesn't want to put his heart and soul into
something like that again. Which is sad if true because he would still be a great Jayne.

Eric

AB said at one of the Dragon Cons years ago (ten?) that, "You don't want to see a fifty year-old Jayne". 

I think it may work, but I don't know if Jayne would have to drop the "am I a dumb brute or a cunning schemer?" schtick.  Or at least, Mal would know him much better.

Phyll33

Adam would still be able to carry it off. He has the body type that ages well and looks wise too. Now I don't know how he feels physically but if he can still keep himself in shape
he would be good. Nathan ironically was the one not aging well but he seems to be looking good now, lost weight, got the bags under his eyes fixed which may have something
to do with his new lady friend. They all would be older but still good to go.

Eric

Apparently one of these photos is from an upcoming Castle episode, and the other is from the recent Paleyfest con in NY:

Pearl@32

PLEASE check out Jewel's Twitter and the photos — there's a few from the Con and a funny one of her and A.B.!   https://twitter.com/JewelStaite

Plus she tweeted from the Con: Chuck it. Whoever is the first to bring me a McDonald's cheeseburger and small fries at the autograph line at #nycc gets a free auto/photo.

She's got about a month to go and by proof of her blog her moods are all over the place. Bless her.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Yes! Ethan Slaughter is back!!

From S4, funny pics — my favorite candid pic from his role  (way too large to embed)
scroll down http://zap2it.com/2012/04/castle-adam-baldwin-and-nathan-fillion-relight-firefly-bromance/

& this
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on October 14, 2015, 06:10:46 PM
PLEASE check out Jewel's Twitter and the photos — there's a few from the Con and a funny one of her and A.B.!   https://twitter.com/JewelStaite

Plus she tweeted from the Con: Chuck it. Whoever is the first to bring me a McDonald's cheeseburger and small fries at the autograph line at #nycc gets a free auto/photo.

She's got about a month to go and by proof of her blog her moods are all over the place. Bless her.

:)

I didn't realize she had remarried much less having a baby. Apparently one came before the other.  :) Is he an actor too?