• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

ep Sep 28, 2008

Started by Spooky, September 29, 2008, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Cameron: "Apparently not."

She's spooky!

A very Cameron centric episode. Summer did a great job!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on September 29, 2008, 09:00:35 PM
Cameron: "Apparently not."

She's spooky!

A very Cameron centric episode. Summer did a great job!

It was a tad confusing to me.
[spoiler]I mean, something triggers her and she 'deevoles'? She has to go through some kind of cycle to get right again? What made her click? what made her click back? I was really happy to see Cameron's back story (buy why is she called Cameron and not Alison?)...and Summer did do a great job...but I'm just confused. Also, is the red head a copy of the real red head? Did the real woman die with her husband and the terminator take over? Questions.[/spoiler]

TinkTanker

[spoiler]Allison was the name of the real live human being they modeled the Terminator from. The Terminator didn't have need for a name until the Connors gave her one.[/spoiler]
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

SerenityValley

[spoiler]I was fuming for awhile there.  I was trying to figure out why they were chasing a terminator, and why didn't she just bust through the door, etc.  I loved that so much of the ep was Summer's!  Now, will she try to get in touch with Allison's mom again?  Maybe in the next few eps they'll show how she went from "bad terminator" to John's protector. [/spoiler]
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on September 30, 2008, 04:12:30 AM
[spoiler]Allison was the name of the real live human being they modeled the Terminator from. The Terminator didn't have need for a name until the Connors gave her one.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I know that part...about her being modelled after the real 'Alison from Palmdale', but why did 'Cameron' have 'flashbacks'? Why now? What clicked them on, then clicked them off? And did they actually 'name' her? No, she had the name when she arrived in the small town looking for John at the school, remember. Wondered then if she wasn't really a 'sub' sitting in for a 'real girl' in town. *remember, she had a story then, her dad sold tractors or something*.

Anyway...my confusion was to the 'why' that whole episode with her 'past' went down. If an  apple can turn it on, why hasn't it happened before? If a snap of the neck can turn it off...*shudder*. And why didn't she kill the girl? Too confusing.[/spoiler]

SerenityValley

Quote from: Saxon on September 30, 2008, 12:55:34 PM

[spoiler]I know that part...about her being modelled after the real 'Alison from Palmdale', but why did 'Cameron' have 'flashbacks'? Why now? What clicked them on, then clicked them off? And did they actually 'name' her? No, she had the name when she arrived in the small town looking for John at the school, remember. Wondered then if she wasn't really a 'sub' sitting in for a 'real girl' in town. *remember, she had a story then, her dad sold tractors or something*.

Anyway...my confusion was to the 'why' that whole episode with her 'past' went down. If an  apple can turn it on, why hasn't it happened before? If a snap of the neck can turn it off...*shudder*. And why didn't she kill the girl? Too confusing.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I don't think it was the apple, but something about the barcode scanner and the reflective balloon....(Just guessing)[/spoiler]
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

Ratings continue to slide. Word is that it is on the verge of cancellation. Next week is supposed to me the make or break point.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

That's a shame, it is a good show but this week was a little confusing and not as well done as it could be. Lena Headly
is the weak link. She is not a good Sarah Connor. She has one expression and that is sullen and she doesn't seem
to radiate the toughness needed for this role. This last episode was all over the place. Where does the pregnant neighbor
fit into this and why was so much time spent on her. I'm guessing her baby plays a role in the future but the story really
dragged in those scenes.

Saxon

Quote from: SerenityValley on October 01, 2008, 08:10:32 AM
Quote from: Saxon on September 30, 2008, 12:55:34 PM

[spoiler]I don't think it was the apple, but something about the barcode scanner and the reflective balloon....(Just guessing)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I plan on watching again with Jessica, maybe I will see things I missed. I just don't get how things can 'click' on and off with her. I did figure that his foreshadowing mention "if you plan to kill me again..." remark was telling. [/spoiler]

Saxon

Quote from: Phyll33 on October 01, 2008, 10:10:16 AM

That's a shame, it is a good show but this week was a little confusing and not as well done as it could be. Lena Headly
is the weak link. She is not a good Sarah Connor. She has one expression and that is sullen and she doesn't seem
to radiate the toughness needed for this role. This last episode was all over the place. Where does the pregnant neighbor
fit into this and why was so much thyme spent on her. I'm guessing her baby plays a role in the future but the story really
dragged in those scenes.

Totally agree on all points! I just do NOT like Lena as Sarah, not one whit!!

I'm guessing part of that was just to keep her busy....so Cameron could go missing for that length of time. Stupid though...notice that they didn't do the 'code' before talking on the phone? And you'd think that John would know by now that something THAT important should be reported to mom ASAP!