• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 8

Started by TinkTanker, April 11, 2013, 07:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on September 18, 2013, 09:29:55 PM
He was Powder!?!

Yeah! "Powder" can kick ass ~ SPF has 2 black belts, in karate and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

So I really don't want Deb to die, even though Jennifer Carpenter has stated that's how she thinks her character should end up. (She's so cheery!)

I wonder if anyone on the police force would understand Dexter's actions if they knew...but in all honesty, he should have been turned in by Deb.

I doubt if Dex gets to live happily ever after.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Ok, I cried.  It wasn't the greatest ending, but it makes sense.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/the-best-of-dexters-debra-f-ing-morgan/#page/1

Spooky

I was a little disappointed in the ending, but how do you end a story like this? I don't think I would have been satisfied with any ending, so it's all good.

On the other hand, I am expecting some big for Breaking Bad.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on September 22, 2013, 10:06:05 PM
I was a little disappointed in the ending, but how do you end a story like this? I don't think I would have been satisfied with any ending, so it's all good.

On the other hand, I am expecting some big for Breaking Bad.

I did not expect to get so emotional...maybe it's partly menstrual but I just love Deb Morgan. I've been reading all kinds of comments and they are pretty negative. I've never seen such a bunch of cry babies.

[spoiler]There was NO way he was going to live happily ever after or get caught...for a split second I almost thought he was going to be watching Hannah and Harrison from across the street. I'm not sure how I would've felt if they had truly killed him off; Dexter Morgan becomes the "anti-hero" because he killed himself off? I felt a surge of empathy though...and then I felt weird he was living alone in exile. Sara Colleton mentioned in interviews about the finale that during the finale Dexter was having less voice-overs and ultimately had none at the end. He is for all intents and purposes "gone." Did he need to get caught by Miami PD or Batista and Quinn? Technically, he already got caught by Deb and Laguerta. Honestly, after eight seasons, to have finally been caught would have been a cop-out.

There was no happily-ever-after for Deb either, although Colleton or Scott Buck posited that dying was the happy ending for her. I feel like she would have eventually cracked or committed suicide because of her guilt for shooting and killing Laguerta and letting Dexter "get away." When Deb ended up in a coma, I thought Saxon had gotten to her, or even Deb did something to herself. Is it a cop-out to give her a blood clot? Maybe, but it forced Dexter's hand. Let Dexter Bunyan live in silence![/spoiler]

Even though I don't watch Breaking Bad, I am happy that the show won the Emmy and hope it continues to go out on top. Now the 3 main characters have Emmys! And Merritt Wever winning for "Nurse Jackie" was brilliant. She is hilarious on that show. The only thing that would even better is Simon Hedberg (Howard should be nominated!!!) and Jennifer Carpenter winning Emmys. Oh well.

Spooky

Dr. Evelyn Vogel  was a hottie back in the day.

Pearl@32

Spooky

I'd forgotten how funny this show can be.