• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 8

Started by TinkTanker, April 11, 2013, 07:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Yvonne Strahovski returning to 'Dexter'

Yvonne Strahovski is officially returning to Dexter for the show's eighth season.

The actress is set to reprise her role in a multi-episode arc this summer as Hannah McKay, the gorgeous killer florist. Last season, Hannah became Dexter's twisted love interest and a major thorn in his side. When we last saw her in the seventh season finale, Hannah had escaped from prison, and Dex was seemingly lucky to get away from her. "We both knew it would come to this, one of us dead or behind bars," Dexter said. With Hannah returning, we suspect this time one of them (or both?) won't escape so easily.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/10/yvonne-strahovski-returning-dexter/
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

I OK with this development.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

I'm kind of surprised Zach and Adam haven't been picked up for something.  Levi especially, he is
such a good actor and his comedy is gold.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Pearl@32

Quote from: Phyll33 on April 11, 2013, 09:08:57 AM

I'm kind of surprised Zach and Adam haven't been picked up for something.  Levi especially, he is
such a good actor and his comedy is gold.

He was filming the sequel to Thor. :)  But he's probably in his Nerd Machine stuff too. He mentioned he was interested in a Chuck movie, but who knows. I hope he finds something good; I miss him (and "Chuck").
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Spooky

So far it's been interesting. I do have some questions about a new character...

[spoiler]So what is up old Doc. Crazy Eyes? I started to think she is being setup as the Big Bad and that she is pulling the strings on the "Brain Surgeon" murders (and actually cutting the skulls open), but they are kind of making it obvious that this may be the case and I am now thinking it's a red herring.

I like that Deb is messed up. Who wouldn't be? I hate that they are hinting that Deb and Joey "skinny douche" Quinn may end up getting back together. I hate that guy.

I want more scenes with the Good Detective's sister...  >:D[/spoiler]

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on July 08, 2013, 11:03:39 AM
So far it's been interesting. I do have some questions about a new character...

[spoiler]So what is up old Doc. Crazy Eyes? I started to think she is being setup as the Big Bad and that she is pulling the strings on the "Brain Surgeon" murders (and actually cutting the skulls open), but they are kind of making it obvious that this may be the case and I am now thinking it's a red herring.

I like that Deb is messed up. Who wouldn't be? I hate that they are hinting that Deb and Joey "skinny douche" Quinn may end up getting back together. I hate that guy.

I want more scenes with the Good Detective's sister...  >:D[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I truly believe this show has jumped the shark and in all sincerity, I wish Deb could've turned Dexter in. I am keeping my expectations low as it looks like she is going to "confess"?! Deb has put her faith in Dexter only to have to bottom drop out when witnessing him killing Travis Marshall and then becoming tormented with the impossible decisions to bury his secrets. If anything, her choices are flawed and she blames Dexter without taking any blame herself — at first. Her arc has been crazy. I wish Jennifer Carpenter would get more award recognition than just a Saturn (although it's cool).

Knew there was something up with the neuropsychiatrist. I've only watched the first episode, but she has been studying Dexter for quite some time. I'm just going to let the chips fall and they will.[/spoiler]
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Hey, I was just rereading some Dexter threads:

http://tenpercentofnuthin.com/forum/index.php?topic=12859.msg89100#msg89100

QuoteIf Jamie sleeps with Joey next season, I am done with this show.

What gives?  :haha: