• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Jessi on GLEE!!

Started by Saxon, January 05, 2013, 04:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 25, 2013, 03:11:50 PM
Quote from: Spooky on January 25, 2013, 02:58:05 PM
Quote from: TinkTanker on January 25, 2013, 02:52:49 PM
Lots of Glee hate in that thread.

The RAR files for the torrent I downloaded were named gay.411.720p-dimension::)

Dimension gets cute with their file names; Supernatural is usually something like supergaybrothers and Arrow was unnaceptablesmallvillesubstitute until it turned out that Arrow is actually better than Smallville was.

Count me as a flan of Arrow

:like:

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

I <3 the purple background photos!!!!!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Saxon on January 25, 2013, 09:23:56 PM
I am not a fan of Glee. I stopped watching after I went to a panel at ComicCon and Ryan Murphy was talking all snooty and was very obviously pushing his gay agenda. Instead of honestly trying to show kids being kids, with a wide range of personalities, he turned them all into sluts and even turned the slut gay. The little airhead blonde should be riddled with the pox by now.

That said, I am thrilled that Jessi is having fun, entertaining, and making money. If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life. I hope that everyone who watched and loved the newbies will drop a note to Fox and let 'em know. And if them making a show of some kind of compensation to this songster will take the negativity away from these innocent actors, then they should get on it!  :soapbox:

I bet the work [the dancing and singing] is fun though.  :D

While I am very happy that Jessi is getting some primetime exposure/work experience, I do not like Glee anymore. I think I liked the singing aspect the best and was really wowed by Lea Michele's voice.

Glee tries to be honest but it's so cruel. Maybe that does expose how crappy high school can be, but you just get tired of the derogatory comments ~ I recall one the Brittany character said about epilepsy ["Hairography--it works best when you pretend like you're having a seizure. So you just move your head around like you're spazzy and stuff." She then slung her head/hair around as she shook and danced. She finished by saying, "It's like cool epilepsy."] that was atrocious. Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) is just as mean as Tony Soprano's mother. Although I did appreciate the "Sue and her sister" storyline, she's just not funny. Also, when you find out a creator is a prima donna and an Chuckhole, the vapidness of Glee doesn't seem all that interesting.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Saxon

When Jessi had her photos done, they did them all outside/around her apartment, in the freezing cold! I don't know exactly where they found those backgrounds. The photographer took 1106 pix!!

I totally agree about the stories and situations on Glee. They have the kids saying extremely mean and hurtful things even to their friends. I don't get it. It's not like they are saying the stuff in jest either. They also treat the rampant sexual escapades as normal for High School students. Jessi was outraged that the ep she was in had the character Puck having sex with one of the underage new girls on the show, after he'd had an affair with the teacher. This is all supposed to be a REAL snapshot of High School life in middle America? Where is this town? So I can steer clear!

Jessi needs work, but I dread what they might involve her in. Having kids do things that are immoral or dangerous should be done as a cautionary tale, but Glee doesn't show anything more than a 'broken heart'. Even the first season that dealt with unplanned pregnancy didn't really convey the harsher side of things. It romanticized it, used it as a plot device for all kinds of soap opera situations.
I didn't watch all of the episode last week, but the stuff that happened before Jessi's part was odd...the gay kid having a crush on the straight kid, the girl having a crush on the gay kid? The only good thing about them bringing in a new 'love interest' for Kurt is more work for Jessi! She still hasn't gotten any info on when that might be. I know Oliver (Adam) has already done a couple more episodes. I guess they are just going to jump right into them getting together.

:lala:

AdmiralDigby

This is all supposed to be a REAL snapshot of High School life in middle America?

No it isn't
It's a show filled with caricatures
I've seen one episode and that's pretty clear

Jessi needs work, but I dread what they might involve her in.

It's called "acting" for a reason
;)

Having kids do things that are immoral or dangerous should be done as a cautionary tale, but Glee doesn't show anything more than a 'broken heart'.

Actually , kids doing stupid/risky things is 100% normal and often consequence free

Not trying to bust your chops or anything but I suspect you're taking it a little too seriously

Sorry

:)

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Saxon

I know. It just boggles my brain that kids think this is normal. Scary actually.