• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Jessi on GLEE!!

Started by Saxon, January 05, 2013, 04:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

Jessi's episode airs Jan. 24th on Fox. Our local paper did a big write up on her and the role. Of course, they got a lot of stuff wrong. Quoted us on things we didn't say...but they used almost all of the pix I sent him, and got a lot of stuff right. One thing they got wrong was when I said the acting bug bit her early on...not true, she did fall into parts as a kid. Never would audition, but the directors would just create roles for her! But she found a LiveJournal post she made when she was going to PCPA, working with professionals on plays...and I think this was her turning point! From July '07. Very cool:

"Yeesh, where to start...

I got my Poppler (gallbladder) taken out over a week ago. As a result I got replaced on my deck crew job at PCPA. I'll be returning tomorrow to a kinda new, kinda what I was doing job of working in the scene shop and/or prop shop.

It's weird, I never really wanted anything more than that, but now that I've been taken out of the production, night of, lights and audience, I really miss it. I love the pre-play construction aspect, but I think I love the play part even more.

I'm thinking more and more about taking improv classes, as well as comedy/sitcom writing. The thing is, I love all aspects of "putting on a show". I know I need to try my hand in each one to find what I truly love above all.

In other news, I'm thinking of piercing my belly button. I figure if there's already gonna be a scar on it a ring won't be that bad might even hide the scar a bit. Speaking of hiding the scar, I asked mom to get me some'a that cream stuff that helps scar heal faster and fade. It kinda bothers me though, scars show life and experience. Wouldn't removing or causing them to fade take away from why they're there? They're reminders of where you were and encouragement to know that you can move on. I guess this is just that whole beauty from pain, and beauty in imperfection school of thought. This prolly is too deep of thought for just four small scars. I guess fading is better than not having them, they don't have to be predominate but still a small part of me. A subtle reminder of nearly a decade of unknown pain. Battle scars, strength marks, beauty marks.

I better get ready to head out, I got about a 3 hour drive ahead'a me."

Saxon

The not exactly 100% right article in our local paper:

http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/ontap/arts/ontap-tv-from-gleek-to-cast-member/article_09b497e2-56d3-11e2-9986-0019bb2963f4.html

Photo of Tom w/ the paper w/ all the pix. I grabbed a few copies of the paper as soon as the guy delivered them to the hospital! I spent all my pre-op time talking about my kid!  :squee:

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

That is so neat!  Her other family is very proud of her. :)  How exciting.  Adam would get a kick out
of knowing I bet.

Consigliere5

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

Go Jessi!

I have since stopping watching Glee but I think I can tune in to see her.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Saxon

Quote from: Phyll33 on January 06, 2013, 08:36:41 AM

That is so neat!  Her other family is very proud of her. :)  How exciting.  Adam would get a kick out
of knowing I bet.

He doesn't follow either of us on Twitter, so I'm not sure he knows. I only had the old email for him, and his daughter said he doesn't use it anymore.

Saxon

The promo for the return of Glee on the 24th is airing!! And yes, Jessi is onscreen for TWO whole seconds!! lol One of her friends got an awesome screen cap, I took a pic of my tv with her on it.

She's insisting I not look for spoilers, because stuff has already been leaked and is online. She got mail today from "Glee", and when I called to tell her, she said it was probably her new contract...hmmmm...why does she have/need a new contract? She let me open the letter, it was indeed the same form that she'd gotten before, but this time it had a change in one section noting that she was going to listed in the credits, possibly as 'co-star'!! It had the disclaimer that it would be 'at the producer's discretion', but all the options listed had her getting onscreen credit of some kind. She still doesn't have a 'character name', and will only go by the title on her contract of 'Apple #10'.

I know some of you have seen the screen grabs, but I wanted to post it here.

Phyll33

Sounds like they may be keeping her around for awhile. :)