• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

SGA has been cancelled

Started by TinkTanker, August 21, 2008, 09:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

Another article on the new Universe from tv.com:

Stargate reopens new Universe
By Tim Surette - TV.com
August 22, 2008 at 10:51:00 AM | more stories by this author

Day after SG Atlantis is given end date, Sci-Fi greenlights Stargate Universe.

All is right with the world--actually, universe--again! The whole fabric of space and time as it relates to science-fiction television was momentarily ripped asunder yesterday, when the Sci Fi Channel dropped some bad news for Stargate fans: at the conclusion of the currently airing fifth season, the network was retiring Stargate Atlantis.

My prayers are answered!
Thankfully, the thought of television without a Stargate-branded series only had to last one day. This morning, Sci Fi sent out a blast that was a blessing to Stargaters everywhere--a new Stargate series is in the works.

Stargate Universe will take over the reins of the franchise sometime next summer, says the network. The idea was initially pitched last year, but was forced to take a backseat due to other Stargate projects as well as complications from the writers' strike.

The series will be in good hands; Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, the duo that created and produced both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, will serve as executive producers and writers on Universe.

In a statement, the pair said, "In Universe, we plan to keep those elements that have made the franchise a success, such as adventure and humor, while breaking new ground in the relationships between mostly young and desperate explorers, thrust together and far from home. Above all, we believe the Stargate itself remains an enduring icon with infinite potential as a jumping off point for telling stories."

Universe will debut with a two-hour television event before heading to a weekly series, and will see a group of explorers board an abandoned, Ancients-built starship called The Destiny. Of course things won't go smoothly, and the crew soon finds itself essentially trapped onboard The Destiny and heading to strange worlds.

Previous intel on Universe said that the show will deal with the ninth chevron, and that the cast will be new, with a possibility that a familiar face may show up.

"a possibility that a familiar face may show up"
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

Just got through watching the last two episodes which fell off the interwebs.

The first dealt with [spoiler]Detective John Shepherd of the Las Vegas Police Department finding a series of dead bodies that seemingly had the very life force drained from them, leaving them nothing more than mummified corpses...[/spoiler]

The second was [spoiler]a killer episode.[/spoiler]
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Can we *bump* here ?
I missed the orientation . 

:beatsme:
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

SerenityValley

QuoteCan we *bump* here ?
I missed the orientation

I don't know about "bumping" but when I logon I always click the "Unread Posts" link, so in essence, I guess the new posts are Bumped, right?!

Tink, as usual, you'll have to wait for the rest of us to catch up!!  I can't frakkin believe they cancelled my Atlantis!  Not too optimistic about Universe at the moment.

:veryangry:

(how'd I miss this little guy!)
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

Quote from: SerenityValley on December 30, 2008, 07:07:33 AM

Tink, as usual, you'll have to wait for the rest of us to catch up!!  I can't frakkin believe they cancelled my Atlantis!  Not too optimistic about Universe at the moment.

:veryangry:

(how'd I miss this little guy!)

You will *love* the last two episodes.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on December 29, 2008, 07:26:01 PM
Just got through watching the last two episodes which fell off the interwebs.

The first dealt with [spoiler]Detective John Shepherd of the Las Vegas Police Department finding a series of dead bodies that seemingly had the very life force drained from them, leaving them nuthin' more than mummified corpses...[/spoiler]

The second was [spoiler]a killer episode.[/spoiler]

I still haven't watched a full SG:A episode .
I'm waiting for the whole shamozzle to be out on DVD so we can watch all five seasons from start to finish .
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Well, since there are two episodes left to air, you can probably get started.

AdmiralDigby

Thing is , we'll get through S1-4 and then have to wait for S5 .
I'm patient but not once I start .

We picked up Supernatural S3 last night , no commentaries .
WTF ?

I was very disappointed .

>:(

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on December 30, 2008, 08:50:26 AM
Well, since there are two episodes left to air, you can probably get started.

FYE had Buffy and Angel DVDs at half off.  I didn't see any SGA, but doesn't mean they aren't on sale as well!!