• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

SGA has been cancelled

Started by TinkTanker, August 21, 2008, 09:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

TinkTanker

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 21, 2008, 09:29:36 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/08/istargate_atlantisi_will_end_thi.shtml

Son of a biscuit-eating bulldog!!  What the french toast is wrong with them??  Damn, damn and double damn.

You thought I was ticked about BSG?   That's nothing compared to how furious I am over this disturbing bit of news!!  I shoulda known it was coming when Amanda Tapping left after half a damn season.

:veryangry: :veryangry: :wall: :wall: :veryangry: :veryangry:
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

They will have a two-hour movie to wrap up the cliffhanger episode, and lead into another new series Stargate: Universe. Gaters find an Ancient ship that takes them all across the universe. Difficulty: they can't control where the ship goes or get back home.

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 22, 2008, 08:40:51 AM
They will have a two-hour movie to wrap up the cliffhanger episode, and lead into another new series Stargate: Universe. Gaters find an Ancient ship that takes them all across the universe. Difficulty: they can't control where the ship goes or get back home.

Funny.  After Our Beloved was cancelled, they made a movie and it did not make me any happier.  It didn't help that Joe killed off one of my favorite characters, of course!!  (That would be one of my NINE favorite characters, btw!)

I guess I just don't get it.  Why cancel a successful show and then make a new show based on the same premise?  (Caprica, anyone?)
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Eric

LOL!  I thought you were joking,  but they really are!

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on August 22, 2008, 09:43:15 AM

LOL!  I thought you were joking,  but they really are!

Sounds kind of craptacular when you say it like that, huh? :rofl:

SerenityValley

Quantum Leap??